PDA

View Full Version : Can we talk about lag?

PinkJJ
03-30-2007, 01:10 AM
We all were talking about lag tonight caused by so many people in the room. Good lag, bad lag, definition of lag ("look under VMK in dictionary", I think that was Rocks who said that). I just want to know if it is just my computer or does it do this to everyone..... everytime there are so many of us in the room it takes a full 1-2 minutes for my response to show up on screen.:mad: My computer is about 5-6 years old. Would it help with a new bigger better shinier one? :cool: Or will I just get the same effect?

Blue Genie
03-30-2007, 01:25 AM
It happens to me to Pink. What cat is thing is that send we are getting ready to get the Alice in Wonderland stuff in it's taking up to much data or something. I bet when Alice comes and all the bugs get fix(which u know there be some kind of Alice bug:D .) It should go back to the old way for a wild tell they come up with something else.

Chescat
03-30-2007, 01:31 AM
I had to move to my slower machine since I was afraid of that window exception last night after fireworks. So I would type and you guys would see my words about 3-4 minutes later. That was bad.

When this happens, we always believe we are on a backup server. (Mansion has been horrible the last two hours of VMK for the last few weeks). Since staff is probably testing out the new build on the real servers. Has to be Monday I would think since the new staff rooms are open on Sunday and I don't believe they do the new stuff on a Sunday.

Mr. Tom Morrow
03-30-2007, 09:32 AM
I was running on a 5 to 6 year old computer all last year, and had issues everyday with lag. Lag to me is just what it sounds like, your talk runs behind, you move sluggish and it takes a while to load rooms.
Once I moved to a new bigger better shinier computer all my problems have gone away. I never have lag and am able to move around easily.:thumbsup:

JPL
03-30-2007, 10:28 AM
There are several causes for lag.

1. Your internet can't keep up with action in the room.

2. VMK can't keep up with the amount of players or activity in the game.

3. Your computer can't keep up.

It's difficult to pinpoint the problem since it can be any one of these or any combination of the 3.

RenDuran
03-30-2007, 10:58 AM
I got a new computer and cable internet last year and I will still have problems with lag at times. I think a lot of the problems are with vmk....not always, but usually.

MrDownTown
03-30-2007, 01:06 PM
im glad other people are having this problem too i keep playing pirates and even two on two games have lag:( how boring hopefully it will get fixed soon

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-31-2007, 12:41 AM
I have a really old computer that I still play VMK on (used to, in my beginning days before I moved to my laptop). It was okay, but occasionally I would freeze and keep walking in the same place.

I think the big reason why we were lagging was probably our computers/internet, or because we were all dancing and doing magic. Sometimes that slows things up and makes it lagg-y.