PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to bring!

Yano
03-29-2007, 11:24 PM
:thumbsup: :party: we are going to be in WDW in less than 2 weeks, so I am writting my final shopping list for things that I have to bring with me (such as wipes, clothes, hats, sunglass...etc.)
What do u guys suggest I put on my list?
Thanks
:grad: :flower:

dolphinmickey9170
03-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Sunblock with at least 30 spf. Aloe with lidocaine just incase you forgot the sunblock. Hydrocortisone cream for that incesent itch. Chapstick, one that also has spf in it. Small bottle of hand sanitizer when you just can't get to a sink. A mini first aid kit with bandaids, alcohol swabs, neosporin. I buy the mini snack zip bags for the first aid stuff. You just never know.
Crystal light tubes for the weird tasting water. Snack, gum, candy.

Hope you have a wonderful time. We'll be there in 36 days!

KAJUNKING
03-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Sunblock with at least 30 spf. Aloe with lidocaine just incase you forgot the sunblock. Hydrocortisone cream for that incesent itch. Chapstick, one that also has spf in it. Small bottle of hand sanitizer when you just can't get to a sink. A mini first aid kit with bandaids, alcohol swabs, neosporin. I buy the mini snack zip bags for the first aid stuff. You just never know.
Crystal light tubes for the weird tasting water. Snack, gum, candy.

Hope you have a wonderful time. We'll be there in 36 days!

i do like the crystal light tubes, and kool aid also has them and its nice to throw a couple in your bag to bring with you, a lot better than drinking water all day or paying for drinks :mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
03-30-2007, 12:32 AM
I have to tell you...the first poster is much more prepared than I was. However, we seemed to get through our trip alright. Not to say that any of the suggestions offered aren't good ones, but maybe a little overkill. I guess it all depends on who you are going with and if they are going to need first aid kits and the sorts. I guess it is always better to be safe than sorry!:thumbsup:

faline
03-30-2007, 08:26 AM
Here's Intercot's packing list. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/whattopack.asp)

Something I always seem to forget and always wish I remembered is a clothespin to hold the drapes shut tight at night!

vamaggie
03-30-2007, 08:41 AM
Before any vacation I always make a trip to the local Dollar Store. I always seem to find somethings that I may need and not have thought about as well as stuff like baby wipes, ponchos, batteries, plane toys etc. I also buy extra sunglasses at the dollar store (at least 2 extra per person)-the good ones seem to get lost/broken all the time but the $1 ones never do! Have a great trip (and remember: you are going to Orlando, not Mars. If you do forget something vital, I am sure you will be able to find it)

kakn7294
03-30-2007, 09:08 AM
It really all depends what you think you will need. If you're looking at a packing list, make sure that you have enough of things like socks and underwear or the laundry soap to wash up what you will need there. Make a list of things you use daily - soap, shampoo, deodorant toothpaste, toothbrushes, make-up, etc and see what you might need to purchase in travel-sizes or just need extras of to pack away. If you take any medications on a daily basis or might need things like Tylenol, Ibuprofen, or allergy/cold medicines, make sure that you have enough - the prices at Disney will make you sick if you aren't already! Remember all those little personal things that you might need too - anything that you use on a daily basis. Don't forget batteries and/or charging cords for cameras and cell phones or any other electronics. Don't forget the camera (hey, you don't carry it everyday, you might forget it)! If you want things like sunglasses, rain ponchos, and those little personal fans, buy them at the dollar store or discount chain like Walmart so you don't have to pay Disney prices. If you have kids and plan to get character autographs, buy several "fat" pens - we've found the ones at Disney either quit working after a day or two or leak everywhere! You might also want to buy several travel activities: books, coloring books and crayons, etc. You can find packing lists for general travel all over the internet. Find one that you like or use the one here on Intercot and adjust it down to meet your needs. When you do go shopping, put everything for the trip all in one place (inside a suitcase works for me) so it's all together and you will be less likely to forget something you bought just for the trip.

Marilyn Michetti
03-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Ditto on the gum. You can't buy it anywhere on property or in the airport.

(Don't forget to spit responsibly).:D

pook@wdw
03-30-2007, 11:41 AM
After 15 trips, we pretty well narrowed it down to the essentials to avoid overpacking. The basics for us are...
1. 2 pairs walking shoes (in case 1 gets wet)
2. sunscreen/chapstick/spray aloe
3. At least 2-3 ball hats
4. Rain ponchos
5. Fanny packs (we carry them everywhere)
6. All reservation info & numbers
7. 2 pairs of sunglasses (in case 1 breaks)
8. kool-aid singles (for bottled water)
9. travel packet hand wipes
10. camera/film/camcorder/tapes(or dvds)

We each pack 1 sm suitcase ( I usually have a laundry day) and we take snacks/drinks for room. We'll pick up a few supplies @ the resort shop if necessary. Since we usually have a large group, we'll share things like detergent, food, & clothes. I also take address labels to put on my film rolls & other items in case they get lost. Don't forget any medication you need as well as basic medicine (cough or fever) if you have kids. Most of all, don't forget your sense of fun and adventure! :yay:

ParrotheadMinni
03-30-2007, 12:14 PM
3 things that aren't important at all until you need them::D

1. Bottle opener and/or corkscrew
2. Tweezers
3. Earplugs

Yano
03-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Thank You guys, very good and interesting replies.
And Marilyn Michetti, I will remember to spit responsibly :thumbsup:
Keep the good ideas coming.

crazypoohbear
03-30-2007, 10:20 PM
On our last trip I brought a large mesh laundry bag. We hung it over the bathroom door and kept all our dirty laundry in it. Worked great, kept things off the floor and hanging it in the bathroom was great for the boys to clean up after themselves! When it was full, you either do laundry or put the dirty clothes in a suitcase to take home!

Moleskin is another great thing to bring in case of blisters.

kakn7294
03-31-2007, 12:14 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to add a nightlight if you require one. We always take one just because it's nice to have a little light for those middle of the night trips to the potty when you are in an unfamiliar environment. I just get a cheapie from the dollar store - if it breaks or I forget to pack it for the return home, it's no big loss.

Through the looking Glass
04-01-2007, 08:33 AM
If your pool people, cheap flip flops for walking to the pool area.
Extra film or a memory card for the cameras. (Disney is just so expensive:mad: )
An extra copy of ADR res numbers.

Mickey's Pal
04-01-2007, 07:13 PM
If you have little ones, don't forget the sippy cups and a sponge/dishwashing liquid to wash them out at the end of the day. ;)

Other than that, these are our top "do not forgets"... Tweezers, band aids, neosporin, sunblock and the "green stuff" in case we get burned, q-tips, washrags, ziplock bags (great for ALL kinds of things), chapstic, batteries (camera, kids toys, etc.), extra sunglasses (someone always breaks a pair- lol!) (I bring for adults and kids), addresses for post cards, cell phone chargers and a glad plug in (some rooms smell 'funny').

I also buy a variety of (store-brand) medicines in case of illness... pepto, typlenol (adult & kids), allergy (adult & kid), anti-diarreah, anti-vomiting/nausea.

Also, if you have little ones, make a card with their name and emergency info (parents, phone, health issues) in case they get lost. Laminate it and place it in their pocket.

I also head to places like Walmart, Target and the Disney Store before I head out. I pick up things to give the kids in the mornings before we head out for the day (keeps them from asking for souvenirs so often). You can find things like light-up Disney pens for $1, Disney fans for $3 at WM, Disney flashlights (Cars, Nemo & Princess theme) at WM, T and even Home Depot for $5. These are great to have at night! The kids think they're awesome (at least my boys did). I also buy things for the plane/car ride like crayons, Disney coloring books (Walmart has some really COOL "Disney art pads" with stickers, coloring pages and have a 'handle' for $5- and come in a few differnt themes: Mickey & Minnie, Mickey & Friends, etc.), Disney Adventures Magazine and Disney themed snacks (fruit chewies, cookies, etc.).

Hope that helps! :mickey:
Let us know how your trip went when you get back!!!

DisneyDudet
04-01-2007, 08:21 PM
As far as clothes, I would bring one pair of jeans, at least and a sweater. You never know, you may have an off night, weather wise.

I bring probably twice as many socks as days. There's something about a fresh pair of socks on tired feet that just make them feel so much better! If you want to get nit picky, pack an extra pair for the park... a severe rain storm can soak through shoes (and bring an extra pair of those too!)... drying out or taking your shoes off at lunch w/ new socks feels great.

Bring some child scissors or some sort of clipping device. You never know when you'll need to cut something (a wayward thread, pesky tag on a toy, moleskin, tape, you never know!)

Now, with moleskin, it can get expensive. Duct tape is also something else you can use on blisters. Like I said above, whatever you use, make sure you have something to cut it with!

I always try to bring travel sized everything and leave it there when we're done.

Bring your own bottles of water or just a sport bottle. At $2.50 a pop, your free water will save you a lot of money!

If you have a lot of electronics to charge, a power strip may come in handy. If your camera uses those rechargeable batteries.. like AA's and such.. bring extras of those as well, and memory cards.

You don't want to over pack, so pack a few clothes, and pack some detergent or get the travel sized ones and wash clothes early one morning or at night. You could even take some dish detergent and use the bathtub or sink if you REALLY need to wash.

If I think of any more, I'll let you know!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-01-2007, 08:56 PM
If you are going with little ones, bring a little flashlight for them to turn on in the dark rides.
Plastic baggies, good to put cameras in on the wet rides.
Advil-is it just me or do others get headaches from the heat/sun?

Yano
04-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi,
I just found something fun for the kids at wall-Mart today. I thought I may share.
I could not find misty fans, but I found fans that have Disney characters on them, also when you turn them on they light different colors, so I thought they served two purposes. and their less than $3.
I hope you like the idea.:mickey: