PDA

View Full Version : Stupid things people say...

PeterPan
03-29-2007, 11:00 PM
This kind of thread has been started on Intercot many times - don't really mean to start a new one, but...

Don't you ALWAYS hear really stupid things from strangers when you go to WDW?

This time, we were standing right outside Morocco in WS, and this fellow was saying "O, here we are in Mexico!" (I can almost understand this one, but then comes the reply...) "This isn't Mexico! It's GERMANY!"

Makes you wonder what kind of world these guys live in!

Another one heard this time..."Which of these monorails goes to Animal Kingdom?"

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-29-2007, 11:16 PM
I know alot of people think this but, it drives me crazy when people consider the Magic Kingdom, Disney World. In other words, the other parks are not included, MK is strictly Disney World.

Such a minor thing, I know, it just bugs me...lol. ;)

KAJUNKING
03-30-2007, 12:22 AM
I know alot of people think this but, it drives me crazy when people consider the Magic Kingdom, Disney World. In other words, the other parks are not included, MK is strictly Disney World.

couldnt agree more! :mickey:

Makusu
03-30-2007, 12:23 AM
Oh boy, I have so many.
"We're sorry sir, but your fastpass is invalid."
"Invalid?! I stood in line for 30 minutes to get this thing!"
"Did you have have any others at the time?"
"Yes-...oh."

*Standing in line to get into the Magic Kingdom* "So what, is this Epcot or whatever we're at today?"

And just the simple fact of how impatient people are while at WDW. Just enjoy your time. Stop being so mad 24/7. :D

Natazu
03-30-2007, 05:22 AM
My favorite one is "they can take the castle down during a hurricane".

DVC2004
03-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I posted this before, but a funny one I heard in September:

Couple walks up to the parking lot tram at AK and asks the operator: "Does this stop at All Star Music?"

:D

TinyDancer
03-30-2007, 11:15 AM
We were at the Settlement at FW waiting for a bus to our cabin when the flood of people from Hoop De Doo came out and needed transportation. One woman leans onto a bus and says "does this bus go to Fort Wilderness?" and the bus driver, without hesitation and in a very heavy southern drawl says "ma'am, this is Fort Wilderness." Lol, it was great!

DisneyMomx2
03-30-2007, 12:22 PM
I HATE when people mix up MGM and Universal. I understand why they might but it STILL bugs me tons!!

Speedy1998
03-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Teeanager with his arm around the Statue of Roy Disney and Minnie (while his mother is filming) "I am sitting here with Mr. Walt Disney"

I could understand if there was not a plaque right next to his feet that has Roy's opening day speech.

########################################
Just thought of one that we may hear in the future based on another thread I was reading.

"What do you mean these are fake Fastpasses I paid $300 for them on e-bay!!"

Sammyjo
03-30-2007, 03:15 PM
This isn't what stupid people say but it really upset me and it's pretty stupid. On our last visit at MK wishes had just finished, we were sitting at the tables in front Casey's waiting for the crowd to clear out and the cleaning crew was literally following the crowd out the door pushing the loud street cleaners. Like they couldn't wait to get the people out. It really killed the magic. Wouldn't Walt just flip!

TheMartellFamily
03-30-2007, 08:52 PM
The one I hear alot is that WDW is called Disneyland.

ibrowse17
03-31-2007, 10:35 AM
This happened on our last trip at the MK. With the line much shorter, I watched a real smart guy herd his family onto the express monorail, claiming they would beat the crowd back to the Cont. I guess they where surprised as it passed right through and headed to the TTC:thumbsup:

angedeaile
03-31-2007, 11:39 AM
My favorite and it cracked me up..was as we were taking the ME, we passed all these hotels and one was a hotel we were spliting our stay with later on during our vacation, Marriott World Center.

Anywho, as we drove past it, this mother pointed and goes, "Look! It's the Tower Of Terror!" Then everyone in the group nods in agreement.

My DBF leaned in and said to me, "I just hope when we check in that the elevator doesn't drop us!"

amorillo
03-31-2007, 11:49 AM
We just got home yesterday from our anniversary trip! It was wonderful.... and of course we heard quite a few comments that made us chuckle... here's just a few that really stuck in my head...

-While walking through MGM: a little girl says, "Mommy where's the castle?" To which the Mother replies, "Oh, that's over in Walt Disney World... that's where we were yesterday."

-In EPCOT: a child asked his father, "Can we go on the big ball?" To which the Father replies, "No son, that's not a ride, it's just a thing."

-While walking to our bus stop at Magic Kingdom: "Look hon, there's the Animal Kingdom Hotel." (pointing to the Poly!)

I love hearing these comments... DH & I get a kick out of them! :fresh:

tink55
03-31-2007, 12:22 PM
My all time favorite was the rushed and stressed out dad who told his family "From now on, it's three parks a day." He was apparently afraid they wouldn't manage to see everything... and he sure didn't look like he was enjoying himself.

Now whenever we get a little rushed and forget to have fun & relax, someone in my family will say "Three parks a day!" and that reminds us to slow down.

PeterPan
03-31-2007, 03:48 PM
A few years ago, we were leaving WDW, passing by the Studios, at that place where you can see the back side of Tower of Terror so clearly. One guy in our party said "So sorry I never got a look-see of the Animal Kingdom Lodge over there." Not kidding.

Natazu
04-02-2007, 03:27 PM
We just got home yesterday from our anniversary trip! It was wonderful.... and of course we heard quite a few comments that made us chuckle... here's just a few that really stuck in my head...

-While walking through MGM: a little girl says, "Mommy where's the castle?" To which the Mother replies, "Oh, that's over in Walt Disney World... that's where we were yesterday."

-In EPCOT: a child asked his father, "Can we go on the big ball?" To which the Father replies, "No son, that's not a ride, it's just a thing."

-While walking to our bus stop at Magic Kingdom: "Look hon, there's the Animal Kingdom Hotel." (pointing to the Poly!)

I love hearing these comments... DH & I get a kick out of them! :fresh:

Well, he shouldn't feel bad. My first two trips to Epcot, I rode SSE both times and never realized it was in big ball. The third time, I was like, "hey there's a ride in here". My mom looked at me and said, "Johns Hopkins, huh?"

kmo84
04-02-2007, 05:24 PM
My DW and I were on the Haunted Mansion on a recent trip without the kids.

There was a small child that clearly did not want to be on this ride. She was crying loudly, and Dad was starting to get stressed as we waited to board the Tomb Buggys. So he said to her, "It's fun! It's funny!". Pretty insincerely, too.

Needless to say, she wasn't buying his pitch.:laughing:

When we were there last week, we must have repeated that line at least once a day.

Tiggerlovr9000
04-02-2007, 11:17 PM
I don't think alot of these comments are stupid. Some of them just don't know everything about WDW. I think it makes some of us here on intercot sound like snobs because we laugh at their innocent mistakes..:confused:

MickeyLa
04-02-2007, 11:30 PM
When DH and I went in '98, the Magic Kingdom park maps were color-coded (don't know if they still are or not), where each land had a color. We were waiting in line for HM and the group behind us was discussing where to go next. But they didn't use the land names, they used the colors, so they were saying "Well, we did all of pink land and orange land and we have one thing left in blue land..." We still talk about visiting pink land and the others when we go.

BronxTigger
04-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Last summer we were on a bus from SOG to AK. This couple gets on the bus and I think it may have been their first WDW trip.

The Dolphin Hotel is in view (as it seems to be from anywhere at WDW)

A:"The monorail goes through that hotel"
B:"No....that's the Boardwalk. It's all shops...the whole building."
A:"That's where Pleasure Island is. See the fish on top?"

Later....as the bus is passing under the AK sign...the same people continue their conversation...

A:"Where the heck did we go?...Did we get on the wrong bus?"
B:"Maybe all the buses go to a staging area."

As we got off the bus, they were getting advice from the driver.

Dicecatt262
04-04-2007, 02:44 PM
My favorite isn't so much as what is said, but what I saw...approaching Soarin with fast passes in hand, I am baffled by a huge number of peope standing in front of the fast pass line. They aren't even talking to each other, they are just standing there. I must have looked confused, because the CM guarding the FP entrance looked at me, and I held up my FP. He waved me through, and I said excuse me, please excuse me, and waded through this enormous (30 people, probably) crowd. I asked the CM what was going on, and he said "those are people waiting for their fast pass return time." I glance back, and sure enough, they are all standing there, staring at the fast pass line, just waiting...hmmmm...So they got fast passes so they could bypass waiting...then they waited to wait in the fp line...confused...

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 05:58 PM
What time it the 3 o'clock parade....no joke- it gets ask!

birdie1410
04-22-2007, 09:11 PM

Absolutely! Overheard while walking through EPCOT:"when are we going to Disney World?" URGE to scream!!!:fit:

birdie1410
04-22-2007, 09:13 PM
My favorite isn't so much as what is said, but what I saw...approaching Soarin with fast passes in hand, I am baffled by a huge number of peope standing in front of the fast pass line. They aren't even talking to each other, they are just standing there. I must have looked confused, because the CM guarding the FP entrance looked at me, and I held up my FP. He waved me through, and I said excuse me, please excuse me, and waded through this enormous (30 people, probably) crowd. I asked the CM what was going on, and he said "those are people waiting for their fast pass return time." I glance back, and sure enough, they are all standing there, staring at the fast pass line, just waiting...hmmmm...So they got fast passes so they could bypass waiting...then they waited to wait in the fp line...confused...

ROFL! SO been there, seen that! And why do they have to stand right IN FRONT of the FP entrance??? IS it going to disappear if they move?

Nick Mc
04-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Ok i have TUNS of stories to tell but i'll just tell you a couple of them!

One of my friends who worked custodial at Epcot in WS at UK:
Guest: Excuse me Miss Could you please say hello in your language
CM: Hello

Different day same locations
Guest: Excuse me, is the Ball the Castle?
CM: NO, that is Spaceship Earth

Antoher day when I worked at Epcot at SSE, a day when it was raining in the summer, imagine that:

Guest: Hey sir, could you tell me what time it is going to stop raining?
Me: I have no idea, I'm not mother nature or a meteorologist, I just work here.

not kidding thats what was really said!

glenpreece
04-22-2007, 11:36 PM
I too hate it when people call MK WDW. I even have a friend who has been going for years and she does it all the time. Or when people say
"Oh your going back to Disneyland again!"

To which I say
"I've never been to Disneyland actually."

I think the best is still what time is the 3 o clock parade. That kills me everytime.

Or "where is the Jaws ride?" while in MGM.

DisneyDudet
04-22-2007, 11:57 PM
How about..

"You know.. when it rains, the water collected from SSE forms the lake thats inside on the ride..."

You know, it could collect the water, but can you show me where the large lake is on SSE?

Or

"The ball is made of aluminum."

While it could be made of something w/ aluminum in it, I highly doubt its made w/ the stuff our cans are made of. Wouldn't it blow away?

The Disney World/Land debacle is so annoying.

I've also heard MK be called Magic Mountain.

I have a few others, but i can't remember them at the moment.

castlelady36
04-23-2007, 10:20 AM
I don't think alot of these comments are stupid. Some of them just don't know everything about WDW. I think it makes some of us here on intercot sound like snobs because we laugh at their innocent mistakes..:confused:

I agree....many are not as informed as we are and if I happen to hear someone that I think I can help I do it instead of thinking they are stupid and I am happy to do it . :mickey:

Mousefever
04-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Our family chuckled quite a bit over this one:

We were just about to board our boat for Living With the Land when we noticed a man in the boat in front of us looking confused. "What ride is this?" the man asked a CM. "This is the Living With the Land boat ride," came the reply. "You mean, this isn't Soarin'?"

While I'm not calling this man stupid, I would call him aggressively uninformed. All you have to do is read a map, look at a sign, or ask someone before you spend a half hour in line. I did my share of helpfully informing people when I heard they were about to go, literally or figuratively, off in the wrong direction. But I would never dream of spending so much on a vacation without doing a lot of research. If people want to be that uninformed, forgive me if I discreetly chuckle.

:dory:

imaprincess!
04-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Tiggerlvr9000, I was sort of thinking the same thing, but I think what makes it funny is that when people say these things, it's said with such authority! I know I've said dumb things before and when I realize how wrong I was, I get the biggest laugh out of it!

jillluvsdisney
04-24-2007, 04:38 PM

I think you are right. I'd help someone try and have a better time at WDW if I overheard something confusing. That's spirit and the magic of it all.

Jasper
04-24-2007, 05:02 PM
When DH and I went in '98, the Magic Kingdom park maps were color-coded (don't know if they still are or not), where each land had a color. We were waiting in line for HM and the group behind us was discussing where to go next. But they didn't use the land names, they used the colors, so they were saying "Well, we did all of pink land and orange land and we have one thing left in blue land..." We still talk about visiting pink land and the others when we go.

Actually, we are guilty of this one!! When our eldest was small and still couldn't read she was trying to figure out the map and starting calling the lands by their colors. We have done it ever since.