PDA

View Full Version : POR trundle?!

Kabalou
03-29-2007, 10:59 PM
:mickey: Hi! We are going to Disney FOR THE FIRST TIME AS A FAMILY...yes that's right!!! We are sooooo excited. After MUCH research and looking at prices (my mean husband, lol), I choose POR as our place to stay in early July. There are 5 in our family...two teenage girls and an 11 year old boy...will he be ok on the trundle?! I am worried about that! I would LOVE to stay at the Polynesian, but the price is just too much. Also, we are doing the dining option...is it worth it? I am nervous about POR...should I be? Also, what is the best building? "Views"...are there balconies? We asked for a "lake view"...is that good? So many, many questions!!! Thanks for the help out there!!

CleveSJM
03-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Is he a big 11? The trundle slides under a double. It's just like a twin matress, no box spring. Should be ok. I'd worry more about the teens in the double. Hopefully they will be getting along well.

I have six now but I'm all for 2 rooms at a value now. Even with the 5, everyone gets their own bed and two bathrooms. For only about $40-60 more a night depending on the season.

Dining option is worth it if you like Table Service meals and the extra time it takes to sit down and eat.

You'll like POR. No balconies in the trundle room we had. I wouldn't pay extra for a view. You'll be pretty packed in the room and probably not spending much time in it.

If anyone likes to fish, they have a nice fishin' hole at POR.

You'll have a great time!

animalkingdomguy
03-29-2007, 11:22 PM
We stayed in the POR Alligator Bayou last year. The trundle is as described. I am 6' 0" and tried out the bed. While I fit, it would not be my first choice. My eight year old slept on the bed and did not complain. Logistically, I believe that your 11 yr old would fit. It's a bed but not a luxury pillow top deluxe Serta Perfect Sleeper. After a busy tiring day walking the parks I look forward to any horizontal surface in a quiet room to crash.

Kabalou
03-29-2007, 11:25 PM
CleveSJM: Thanks for the info! I didn't even think of the doubles being a problem...I did think about 2 rooms at a value, but just wasn't sure about the location of them...how long is the ride to MK and Epcot? Is there much difference between the moderate and value resorts? I worry too much!:confused:

Kabalou
03-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Animalkingdomguy: Thanks for the input! How are the double beds for two adults?

CleveSJM
03-29-2007, 11:53 PM
The beds seem fine for adults. Maybe they are called Full sized. I know they are smaller than Queens.

I stayed at ASMovies and that's about the most distant value from anything but AK. To MK was 30 minutes max on the bus. 15-20 to the other parks. We drove to other parks and only used the bus for MK.

POR will be nice. You'll have a fridge which is noce with the DPP. You'll have breakfast covered with leftovers...

magicman
03-30-2007, 10:19 AM
My family of five has stayed at POR & POP. Honestly, I consider them both fine for sleeping, but neither is spacious.

My preference is two rooms in the POP because we get two bathrooms, and I like the Disney theming. On the other hand, POR is quieter (if you're going during peak season).

The ride to the parks is about the same amount of time because although POR is closer, there aren't dedicated buses, while at the POP you get bus service dedicated to your resort only.

I guess the bottom line is that I love them both.

My thoughts...