PDA

View Full Version : Question about booking a package with free dining on disney property

lilmattie13
03-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Hi everyone. I have an odd question. We have stayed in the past at Disney when they offered the free dining plan.

I am thinking of planning a trip again if they make the offer this year but was wondering if you can stay at a hotel on Disney property but that is not Disney.
I mean the hotel like the Doubletree, which is near downtown Disney and on the property but is not a Disney hotel.
Also can you take advantage of the magic express pick up from the airport if you are staying at this hotel?
If anyone knows and can let me know that would be great.
We are trying to fit a trip into our budget and the hotel cost would be less for us at this hotel I think.
Thanks everyone in advance for any input.
You all are great!!!:thumbsup:

Crow
03-29-2007, 10:16 PM
i would think no to both questions, but am sure someone else will be along to answer too

CleveRocks
03-29-2007, 11:01 PM
For Disney's Magical Express AND for the Disney Dining Plan, you must be a registered guest at a WDW owned-and-operated resort. So that means none of the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd. (near Downtown Disney), no Swan, no Dolphin, no Shades of Green.

Strmchsr
03-30-2007, 08:44 AM
We are trying to fit a trip into our budget and the hotel cost would be less for us at this hotel I think. Thanks everyone in advance for any input.
You all are great!!!:thumbsup:

The free DDP is a decent discount, even though you pay full rack rate for the room. Still, you might come off much better staying at one of the less expensive hotels and paying for your food OOP. I know we rarely use the DDP because we eat cheaper OOP, so we just look for the best room discount. It's definitely worth crunching the numbers if budget is an issue.