PDA

View Full Version : surgery for mom

Bethanymouse
03-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Any spare pixie dust and prayers are appreciated. Tomorrow morning my mom goes in for gall bladder surgery. They say it will be orthoscopically done and recovery will be approximately 2 weeks. Please keep her in your thoughts. Thanks.

Update: We are home and she is relaxing. It was same day surgery and everything went as planned. The surgeon took a picture of the gall bladder cut open and there were a LOT of gall stones in there. He was shocked! She has some nauseousness and pain in her shoulders and back right now. Thanks for all of your thoughts, prayers, and pixie dust!

PirateLover
03-29-2007, 10:06 PM
:pixie: I always get a little nervous when my parents or other loved ones go under the knife. I hope all goes well!

ElenitaB
03-29-2007, 10:07 PM
:pixie: for your mom (and her medical team :nurse: :doctor: ) for a quick procedure and an even quicker recovery!

Dsnygirl
03-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Lots & lots of :pixie: :pixie: headed your mom's way, and prayers, too... I used to work in the OR as an RN, and we did tons of these surgeries - they're really great, patients do very well, and the recovery is usually not too bad, since they just do a few band-aid sized incisions. The worst problem can be extra air trapped in the abdomen afterwards, which travels to it's highest point - the shoulders... patients often complain of shoulder and upper back pain being the worst of the recovery. (It goes away once the air is gone.) good luck to her - let us know how she does!! :thumbsup:

MsMin
03-29-2007, 11:23 PM
:pixie: for you and your mom. My mom had that surgery and it was a breeze. She left with a couple of bandaids. She said the pain from the gall bladder was far worse than the surgery.
Congrats about grad school. I saw your post the other day when I got on briefly but haven't forgotten I wanted to say :congrats:
More :pixie: for mom...
You know why they call it ICU?? Those gowns don't have backs...:blush:

DisneyDudet
03-29-2007, 11:57 PM
The best way to get rid of the pesky air... walking!

If she is able, have them give her her pain pill or medication and have her walking as soon as she is able.... that will help with recovery and pain.

Well wishes are being sent!

mrsgaribaldi
03-30-2007, 03:30 AM
Prayers and :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: on the way for an uneventful surgery and a quick recovery:thumbsup:

alpro2
03-30-2007, 05:31 AM
Best of luck and a quick recovery for your mom.

DVC2004
03-30-2007, 09:09 AM
More prayers and pixie dust for a quick recovery!

Jeremy
03-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Here is some more prayers and pixie dust!

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

MNNHFLTX
03-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Hope the surgery goes well and your mom's recovery is quick! :pixie:

offwego
03-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Hope your mom comes through it flying colours.

Pixie dust and prayers that the recovery is quick and painless as possible.

SodaPopMGK
03-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Sending prayers and :pixie: :pixie: for a quick recovery for your mom. I have to agree with DisneyDudet about the walking, my doctor told me to walk as much as I could stand and it really helped my recovery. Of course I felt like the family dog because my boys kept saying to each other who's going to take Mom for her walk.:blush: