PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me About Osceola County, FL

PirateLover
03-29-2007, 08:34 PM
I have a pretty serious job opportunity on the horizon for teaching in the Osceola County School District next year. I was at a job fair last week and have been in contact with a recruiter who has thus far led me to believe that there is a job there for me if I want it. I am seriously considering making the move. It wouldn't be permanent, only a year or two, but I feel like I need to do something different and exciting. I lived at home all throughout college and feel like it would be a great experience for me to do something like this.

I will need to take an additional test, meet a representative from the district, and take a tour of a school before I get a job offer or make a final decision. I plan to do this during my May vacation or even go down earlier for a few days.

So to residents of the county, what can you tell me about it (besides the obvious bit about being close to WDW :D )
Are the schools decent? How bad is the crime? Anything else you think I should know?

murphy1
03-29-2007, 10:05 PM
I can only give a little bit of info, but something at least. I used to go through OC on business all the time, I had it as part of my territory. There are a ton of lakes there. You have to be careful in parts of this county, like parts of Kissimmee and St. Cloud, but that's like parts of Orlando, it is very touristy too, I still remember Orange World in Kissimmee. I really liked Orlando, it was fun to go through there and it has a lot for someone your age. I have an aunt in Seminole County and one in Clermont, which is where I will probably go if we get back down there, it is very hilly, a lot of people are going there. I have heard good and bad on the schools. It might be fun for you to go just for a year or two and check it out at least. I can tell you when I traveled through there, I never had anything happen to me.

PirateLover
03-30-2007, 04:46 PM
I can only give a little bit of info, but something at least. I used to go through OC on business all the time, I had it as part of my territory. There are a ton of lakes there. You have to be careful in parts of this county, like parts of Kissimmee and St. Cloud, but that's like parts of Orlando, it is very touristy too, I still remember Orange World in Kissimmee. I really liked Orlando, it was fun to go through there and it has a lot for someone your age. I have an aunt in Seminole County and one in Clermont, which is where I will probably go if we get back down there, it is very hilly, a lot of people are going there. I have heard good and bad on the schools. It might be fun for you to go just for a year or two and check it out at least. I can tell you when I traveled through there, I never had anything happen to me.

Thank you! Yea, I figure even if it isn't the greatest area, it is a cool life experience and if I ever wanted to do something like that, now would be the time. Thanks again for the info :)