PDA

View Full Version : SWA and Magical Express

PetefromRI
03-29-2007, 06:44 PM
I saw a post like this a few weeks ago.Is there any news if SWA is going to be a participating airline with ME?I saw it on an oddball site last night,I can't remember which one,but they mentioned SWA.It would be nice to check ourbags the night before we leave and not see them until Providence.

Piglet822
03-29-2007, 06:51 PM
There are rumors to this effect but as of right now SWA does not participate in the resort airline check in service.
You can still use DME luggage service on your arrival, you'll just have to handle your own luggage during your departure.

CleveRocks
03-29-2007, 09:00 PM
It would be nice to check ourbags the night before we leave and not see them until Providence.

Just so you're not looking forward to something that can't be ....

No one can check their bags in at the resort the night before their flight.

At every WDW owned-and-operated resort, the Resort Airline Check-in desk is open from 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. By TSA regulations, bags can be checked in no earlier than 12 hours prior to flight time and no later than 3 hours prior to flight time. This means that no one can check in bags the night before. It also means that people who have flights prior to 8:00 a.m. can't use Resort Airline Check-in at all.

alicia524luvstw
03-30-2007, 05:55 AM
I 'm also flying sw from prov, got my ME info w/tags the other day. SW isn't participating yet. I've read that rumor too. Hopefully they are working it out. You can, however, ask concierge to print out you boarding passes 24 hours before you depart.

Piglet822
03-30-2007, 05:03 PM
I 'm also flying sw from prov, got my ME info w/tags the other day. SW isn't participating yet. I've read that rumor too. Hopefully they are working it out. You can, however, ask concierge to print out you boarding passes 24 hours before you depart.

You can use the luggage service inbound to MCO. Just be sure to attach those tags you received (they should be bright yellow with your name and resort info on them) before checking in at your home airport.

PetefromRI
03-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the info.I've used ME before and love it.This trip we're going to stay with family at the Marriott Grande Vista for 4 nights before going to CBR for 4 more nights so we won't be using the ME tags when we fly into MCO.I will have the front desk print our tickets 24 hours before we leave to come home though,we haven't done that before so maybe we'll get A tickets this time for the flight home.Thanks again for all the helpful tips!