PDA

View Full Version : Early Early Check-In

Jaycee's Mom
03-29-2007, 05:33 PM
We have ressies at Pop Century for June 2nd thru 6th. We will be driving and if we decide to drive straight through we would arrive around 3 or 4 in the morning. If we got lucky and there was a room ready at that time would we have to pay for an extra night?

AwPhooey
03-29-2007, 05:38 PM
If I recall correctly, you'd be required to pay for an extra night because you'd be requesting a room prior to checkout. I remember hearing/reading this somewhere, but I don't remember where.

Strmchsr
03-29-2007, 06:07 PM
6 am is the earliest you're allowed to check in for the current day. If you arrive at 3-4 am and there is a room ready, I'm sure you would be billed for an extra night.

MNNHFLTX
03-29-2007, 06:08 PM
I believe the earliest you can check in is 7 a.m. (without being charged for an extra night).

Jasper
03-29-2007, 06:24 PM
A couple of years ago, I think it was in 2004, we arrived right at 6:00 a.m. At that time we were told that if we checked in before 6:00 am we would have to pay an extra day. However the lady that waited on us suggested that she help us with our tickets and Disney transportation questions to kill about 5 minutes so that we were sure to show up in the computer after 6:00 a.m. and avoid having to pay the extra day.

So, at least at that time the cut off was 6:00 a.m., but it certainly could have changed since then. I would suggest calling in advance to find out for sure so that you aren't surprised.

Of course, depending on the time of year you go, there may not be any rooms available anyway and the issue becomes mute.

vamaggie
03-29-2007, 07:49 PM
If you get there at 3-4 am why not nap in the car for a few hours(either in the resort parking lot if that's posssible or if not a rest area close) and then check in after 6 ?(or 7 whichever it is) This would refresh you a little and then you'd be ready to go and not have to pay for teh extra night.

Maleficent's Dad
03-29-2007, 07:53 PM
I've checked into the BC between 6 and 6:30 AM twice. It was no problem checking in that early.

I don't think 4 AM would fly, however!

BronxTigger
03-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Why not just leave your house a couple hours later and plan to get there around 6am?

allirae
03-31-2007, 12:04 PM
We usually drive through the night (easier with the kids), and arrive too early to get into our room. Not that we'd be charged extra, the rooms just never seem to be ready - and that's in September/October. Since the kids and I sleep in the car, I usually get their bathing suits out (which I always leave within easy access) and take them down to the pool. :swim: My husband sleeps in the car in the parking lot. :sleepin: I just use the house phone at the pool to periodically see if our room is ready yet. When it is, I go wake him up, and off we go!