PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown

DNS
03-29-2007, 03:08 PM
To be at a table on the patio of the Rose and Crown during Illuminations, is it luck, or can you request a table out there?

disneydrmr
03-29-2007, 03:19 PM
A lot of luck! You can request and it will depend on how long you want to wait for the table or how early you get there to get it and if you can stretch your meal out long enough...

Dedivah
03-29-2007, 03:20 PM
I am sure you can request what ever you need, depending on the timing I am sure it will be granted.

BelleBeauty
03-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Those patio tables are among the most in demand tables in Epcot. They have signs posted everyone at that restaurant stating that they will not guarantee anything.

What we have always done to get seats for Illuminations is make a late ADR at 8:00 or 8:30, then arrive early. I go and sit there much earlier than I would normally arrive for an ADR (maybe 30-45 minutes). I always say that we're hoping to have a table on the patio. It is luck and timing.

However, even if you eat in another part of the restaurant, or a part of the patio that doesn't have a direct view of the lagoon, you can have your CM take you to the private viewing area for diners only. It is a great view, you can go there 10 minutes beforehand, then return to your meal afterwards. Either way, it is a great experience!

DNS
03-29-2007, 04:02 PM
So maybe 8:15 on the ADR, get there at 7:45 and ask for a table on the patio and look pleading? :drama:

dolphinmickey9170
03-29-2007, 11:26 PM
I checked in 1 hour early, asked for a patio table. We were seated at 7pm and was told by the wait staff they had a two hour limit. But, we were allowed to stay at our table. We waited until after the show to eat our dessert. The waitress got a hefty tip for that one. It was THE BEST place I have every watched the show. Good luck. Also, if you are celebrating a special occasion, be sure to tell them when you check in. You just might get a little something extra and you will truly enjoy!

Auntie
03-31-2007, 09:50 PM
Sounds like a nice experience..but how is the food?..:mickey:

benny
04-01-2007, 08:20 PM
My friend and I dinned here in January. We requested a patio table but wasnt lucky. However, our waitress escourted us out to a viewing area a few minutes before Illuminations started. We had great seats and an awesome view, then returned to our table for dessert - perfect. The food was good - not fantastic but good.

Have fun and even if you don't get a patio table - don't stress or let it ruin a great night - tell the waitress you want to go out to the viewing area before Illuminations start and you will be fine.