PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, just got back from my dr. and scan

murphy1
03-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Hey guys, I'm back. I wish I had good news, but I have a 2 cm nodule on my remaining thryroid and I am scheduled for a biopsy in three weeks to check for cancer. I felt like somebody punched me in the stomach and I feel so bad b/c the kids were with me and I started crying when she told me. It has always been in the back of my mind, but I just never really wrapped my head around it totally coming around again. Next step is the biopsy, if it's cancer, it comes out and if it isn't, then we can try to contain the growth, but I most likely will have to have it come out anyway b/c my last one got so big. I have great Dr NP and I still have the same surgeon here from last time, so I feel really good about my care. Thanks so much, keep me in your prayers

Shari

Jeri Lynn
03-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Shari,
I'm so very sorry that your news was not good. I am sending you prayers and pixie dust that the biopsy will not show cancer and that you will be feeling better soon.

DVC2004
03-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Shari, I am so sorry that the news was not good. You will be at the top of my prayers list for the biopsy to be cancer-free. Hang in there- you have come so far already and you are a fighter. Please update us when you can.

Tynkerbelle
03-29-2007, 12:23 PM
:pixie: coming your way for a cancer-free biopsy.

Christine
03-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Shari, I am so sorry about your news! I will keep praying for you that your biopsy and removal will go smoothly.

Hang in there!!!

offwego
03-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Shari, I'm sorry to hear that.

Will keep praying for you that this will come back with a negative result.

Please feel free to come back for more support here whenever you need to. :hug:

MsMin
03-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Shari, I'm sorry to hear this report. Sending :pixie: for strength and prayers for a positive outcome. I'm glad you trust your medical team. Stay positive.. we are here for you :pixie: :angel:

pogo
03-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Shari......... Just look to heavens and say, "thy will be done" ! We''ll keep you in our prayers every day. If it is Cancer, it is one of the best to have.:thumbsup:

Stay positive. Stay strong. And God bless. :D

Nascfan
03-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Lots of :pixie: coming your way, and we'll keep you in our prayers.

faline
03-29-2007, 01:11 PM
I'll be hoping that your biopsy results indicate there is no cancer!

Jeremy
03-29-2007, 01:15 PM
I am sorry to hear about your news.

We will be praying for you and here is some pixie dust to help:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

SBETigg
03-29-2007, 01:34 PM
Oh, Shari! I wish I were there to give you a big hug. Best wishes and :pixie:

disneyfan369
03-29-2007, 02:04 PM
I'll keep you in my prayers, Shari. Please let us know how it goes!

Cinderelley
03-29-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm very sorry that your scan results were not what you were hoping for.

Don't worry too much about crying in front of your kids. It is good for them to know that it is okay to cry.

I know that sounds like a cliche, but I grew up believing that crying was bad. That you didn't accomplish anything by crying, so why waste time doing it. I was in my late 20s before I discovered that it was okay to cry. It might not solve a problem, but it does help emotionally.

sleepingbooty
03-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Here's some :pixie: and prayers coming your way from St.Louis!

PirateLover
03-29-2007, 04:21 PM
Prayers and :pixie: headed your way Shari! I know it is so hard to do but you have to try to remain optimistic! We are all here for you. :hug:

sunlyon
03-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Shari,
Prayers, :pixie:, and a big :grouphug:.
It is so scary to get news like that. I know you feel bad crying in front of your children. Don't let it weigh on you. We'll all pray for a cancer-free outcome.

Dsnygirl
03-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Shari,

I am sending as much :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: and as many prayers as I can that your biopsy will come back negative - I am glad that you feel good about your physicians and NP's and how well they care for you - that should give you some peace of mind. I am sorry you have to go through this again - I am hoping and praying that everything turns out just fine. :hug:

hoop de do
03-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Prayers and Pixie Dust coming your way from PA. :tink: :pixie: :tink: :pixie:

merlinmagic4
03-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Shari,

I'm so sorry; what a let down. I really hope it is NOT cancerous but if it is then I hope they can get it out of there. When are you having the biopsy and how soon will you have results? The waiting is so hard.

daparish
03-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Shari,

I am so sorry. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

ElenitaB
03-29-2007, 10:14 PM
Shari, you are in my thoughts and prayers. This is one time when I wish I could speed time up for you so you would KNOW already. In my experience, the waiting is the hard part. Getting engaged in the doing, while difficult, is much easier.

I'm sorry that your journey has taken you to this junction... I do hope that the next turn is a "u turn" to not having to deal with the :thedolls: again. But we are here for you 100% wherever you head. :hug: