PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy an autograph book?

Taisch
03-29-2007, 11:24 AM
We're arriving late on Friday (10 pm-ish) and then we're attending a character breakfast at 8:30 am on Saturday.

Will there be a store open somewhere onsite or off to purchase autograph books?

JPL
03-29-2007, 11:25 AM
The gift shop in your resort will have them :thumbsup: You just need to check the hours they are usually open until midnight in most resorts.

Taisch
03-29-2007, 11:29 AM
We're staying off site. :(

JPL
03-29-2007, 11:32 AM
If the Chracter Meal is at a hotel their gift shop should be opened. If it's in the parks there shoud be atleast one gift shop open near the park entrance.

Taisch
03-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks. I know my girls would be devastated to miss out on those princess signatures.

BelleBeauty
03-29-2007, 11:44 AM
There's no need to miss out on signatures! Think about checking ebay to order some before you leave. You might also want to get a great Disney notebook at a local store to take with you. You may want to have a back up with you just in case you can't find a store that is open (doubtful), and you can supplement it with a great pen that you buy onsite! :mickey:

tyandskyesmom
03-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Make your own before you go! We have always done this...anywhere from plain to intricate. We start with just a spiral bound drawing tablet usually about 4x8 size that we purchase from our local Hobby Lobby and a colored sharpie. We use letter stickers to put each kid's name on it and we usually use the Disney stichers to title the book something like "Tyler's Magical Moments" or whatever stickers we can find. Ty loves Dumbo so usually he has something Dumbo decorating the cover and the back page (oh ya, and the ones we get also have transparent colored plastic cover and back so all this is somewhat protected). Skye got a cool pink Cinderella Castle with glittery things floating inside and gemstone letters for her name last time. We usually leave it at that. One page gets the autograph and the opposite side gets a picture of the kid withthe character. This last time we went one further and it is more like a scrap book where we have decorated each page to match each character. That does make autographing a bit more difficult because you have to find the correct page for the line you are in though so going plain and then possibly embellishing later is probably the better way to go!

The kids love their books and had a great time helping to make them. It was a great way to anticipate the trip in a good way too!

94 more days!

King Triton
03-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Autograph books are one of those items that seem to be available just about everywhere onsite.

You could even check the Disney store (or whatever they call it) at MCO before you go for your luggage/ground transportation to see if they have one.

AuntDJ
03-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Before our last trip, I called Disney Merchandising. I think the number in is info central. Told them what I wanted and they sent it out and I had it weeks before I left.

I think there is also a 1-800 #, but I do not remember it.

Also, I bought the colored sharpies before and each day we chose a different color. The kids seemed to enjoy it!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

DJ

Goes4FastPass
03-29-2007, 02:18 PM
I just checked EBay with the search string

new disney autograph book
and got 23 hits. I'll bet you find something there that appeals to you in terms of style and price.

Changing search to

disney autograph book

increased hits to 125 - which doesn't mean the description doesn't specify 'new' - only the title doesn't say it is.

I've bought WDW stuff this way many times. I'd say which seller I've bought from several times but it may be an Intercot no-no. You're welcome to pm me.

mudpuppysmom
03-29-2007, 07:20 PM
You can get spiral bound autograph books at Walmart (IN Orlando) they are open 24/7, although they are not "official" WDW autograph books. Personally, I don't like the spiral bound ones, they just seem cheap to me, we've used them, but I don't like them as much as I like the bound ones you can get in the world.

dolphinmickey9170
03-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the World of Disney at DTD have autograph books?

Just a note, when having the characters sign your book, have them sign just one side and skip a page for the next character. This way the blank side facing the signature is where you can put a pix of the character with you and/or child. Then your child will have their own great pix book to show all of his/her friends.

Have a great time.

animalkingdomguy
03-30-2007, 11:03 AM
If you have time you can go to a local Walmart. We always go the day we arrive to stock up on water bottles and etc. They have a designated Disney area with shirts, ponchos, autograph books and much more.

KevGuy
03-30-2007, 01:57 PM
I got them for my 2 kids on Ebay. The difference is $5 on Ebay and $12 for them at Disney. I'd rather use the leftover $14 for some snacks during the trip or other things. I got them with matching pens and also got my kids a new Disney wallet for each of them as well, and it still cost less than what you would pay at Disney itself to get just the books.:mickey:

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 01:55 PM
sure...any gift shop will have them.