PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota Springs or OKW?

SueW
03-29-2007, 11:18 AM
We have never been to either resort and are not members but would like a 2 bedroom villa. These are the only 2 resorts with a 2 bdrm villa for our travel dates. We have 3 teens - 12, 15, and 17. From what I've read, OKW is older and not quite kept up while SS has smaller rooms. Can anyone help???

DVC2004
03-29-2007, 11:34 AM
OKW is older, but I would not say that it is not kept up. The accomodations are much larger there. The pool was also redone recently, too.
I'd go with OKW.

disneycouple2004
03-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Old Key West is the first Disney Vacation Club Resort..i think it opened in 1991, it is very well kept, very quiet, the rooms are bigger than Saratoga, alot of the rooms are right on the golf course, it is a very nice resort..Saratoga is the brand new resort very close to Downtown Disney..,you can walk if you like, with 3 teens this would probably be your best bet..you can ride the bus, or boat also to DD..its a very nice resort and its close to some fun..but not too close..the rooms are very nice and roomy, with everything you need..hope this helps :thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
03-29-2007, 12:37 PM
I agree with disneycouple2004. With teenagers, the ability to walk to DTD could be a plus for staying at SS. However, the 2BR at OKW is bigger and laid out nicer than SS. And even though OKW is older, it is very well kept. Also the Conch Flats area at OKW was always popular with my kids - basketball, tennis, shuffle board, ping pong, bikes, pool, and boats. You won't go wrong with either. Have fun.

Lehman Family
03-29-2007, 01:34 PM
I would go with OKW. You actually can walk from OKW to DTD, it's just a bit longer of a walk. The resort is well kept and quiet. The pool and activities are fun. We also love Olivia's and dine there a number of times throughout our stays.

pox24
03-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Old Key West looks like it just opened(stayed there 2 weeks ago) and SSR is new so take your pick, they are both great places to stay.

c&d
03-29-2007, 02:52 PM
I would say OKW. When we stayed in a 1 bedroom it was huge. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub. We also had a nice view of the golf course.

dlpmikki
03-29-2007, 04:38 PM
I think the space to spread out at OKW is a winner. You will have a king in the main bedroom, 2 queens in the second bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room. The living room area is huge. At SSR you will have a king, a queen and two sofa beds (one in the living room and one in the second bedroom).