PDA

View Full Version : Confused - ADR @ 8:30 am, Park opens at 9?

Taisch
03-29-2007, 10:55 AM
I'll be at Disney in 36 hours! :cloud9:

But I'm a bit confused about my breakfast arrangements on 3/31.

I've scheduled 4 people for an 8:30 breakfast at Akershus, but Epcot doesn't open until 9.

How will that work?

JPL
03-29-2007, 11:00 AM
They allow people with ADR's in the park before opening. You will need your confirmation number

Disneyatic
03-29-2007, 11:01 AM
There will be a certain turnstile that you will be able to get into at the front.
We did this last year and just told them we had and ADR and we walked right in.

Taisch
03-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Thank you!

I've been to Disney a few times, but haven't ever done a character breakfast. We're all quite excited.

homeschool mom
03-29-2007, 11:14 AM
You will really enjoy the character meal! We have 2 scheduled for our trip in May. It is always one of the highlights of our trip.

Have a super time!

CleveSJM
03-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Are you driving or taking WDW transportation? Last October, we had 8:30 Breakfastasaurus reservations and the parking lot didn't open until 8:00. We got there a little too early and had to wait for the parking lot to open.

If it's a resort (Cape May is nice!) breakfast, no worries. Parking is open 24/7.

BelleBeauty
03-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Arrive a little early - but not just for the walk to Norway. It is great to get into the park earlier and have the opportunity to snap a few quick pictures when there are no crowds around!

This is our favorite trip (learned here on Intercot) for the MK. The only way to get a shot in front of the castle without random strangers!

Speedy1998
03-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Make sure you have your confirmation #. I do not think they do it at all the parks, but we had an early breakfast at AK, and they had a CM in the front of the park checking your ADR against a list before they would let you in.

AuntDJ
03-29-2007, 12:41 PM
I have had this time for Epcot breakfast as well. They have never asked for my reservation #, just my name (but it doesn't hurt to have this along just in case).

I agree, try to arrive about 8 for your 8:30 time. It gives you a leisurely stroll to Norway and allows for some great photos of a near empty park. They will have CM's around that do not allow you wander to far from the path to Norway, but there are some great chances for good pics!

I have also done this at the MK and the pics of just us and the castle are some of the best I have ever taken. Picture spots along Main Street that are normally packed, are empty and easy to get....be aware, there is not a photopass photographer there that early, so a group shot will have to be taken by a passerby with your camera. I have never had a problem finding someone to take our pic, but you might have to ask...

36 hours I am truly jealous! Have a great trip!

DJ

MILWDIANA
03-29-2007, 02:23 PM
..be aware, there is not a photopass photographer there that early, so a group shot will have to be taken by a passerby with your camera. DJ

I was told there would be photopass photographers hanging around for the ADRs before the MK opens.
Has anyone else seen them??????:confused:

We are hoping to use them in April for a group photo in front of the castle.

kakn7294
03-29-2007, 02:47 PM
If you are relying on Disney transportation, buses start running about 1 hour before park opening. Catch a bus or the monorail about 8am and head over to Epcot. When you arrive, there is a turnstile (to the far left on that day) that is marked with a sign that says "Princess Breakfast". The CM here will probably ask for the name under which the ADR is listed - have your ADR confirmation number with you too, just in case although we didn't need it. Once he/she checks the list, you will be allowed to enter using your park ticket in the turnstile just as if the park were already open. Stay to the left when entering the World Showcase. The restaurant is closer to that side anyway and the right side is blocked off just before Canada. We did not see any PhotoPass photographers in Epcot on the morning of our ADR in December either, so if you want a group photo, you will have to hope that some kind stranger wanders by (remember, the park isn't officially open yet - not many people wandering by!) who will take a photo for you.