PDA

View Full Version : Arriving at MK around 3:00, where to go first

emfisher2000
03-29-2007, 09:25 AM
We will be arriving on a Sunday around 3:00 adn plan to spend Sunday and Monday at MK. What land should we try seing first on Sunday to get the most out of the day. We have 6:00 dinner reservations at CP. I was thinking trying to see attractions in Adventureland before dinner and Frontierland after dinner. Go to Fantasyland and Tomorrwland on Monday.
Any suggestions...Thanks...

:mickey2: :minnie2: :chipdale: :nemo: :tink:

LudwigVonDrake
03-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Adventureland is a good start since most people turn right and go to Tomorrowland first.

Have a great trip :tink:

robhink
03-29-2007, 10:48 AM
That's usually a good option to hit Adventureland first, but I'd stop at the times board near the end of Main Street to see how the crowds are that day. Arriving at 3pm you may find that crowds may be different that if you got that first thing.

phillydan
03-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Keep in mind that the Main Street parade starts at 3:00 and that might make moving about the park somewhat challenging. On the plus side, lines might be a bit lighter, whichever land you choose to visit first.

King Triton
03-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Adventureland is a good start since most people turn right and go to Tomorrowland first.
Thats true if you go in the morning, but if you're getting there at 3:00, you're pretty much in the peak of the day. I might be inclined to either:
- Go over to Splash Mtn and pick up a FastPass, then ride POTC. Hopefully your Splash FP won't be too close too dinner.
- Go to Philharmagic and Haunted Mansion before dinner.

princessjojo
03-29-2007, 12:29 PM
I agree with beginning around the Adventureland area, but you may want to consider one thing. I'm not sure how you will be arriving (car, plane, trane) but we are, for some reason, always delayed. You could always just plan to arrive at CP casually, shopping along the way. With the parade, peak time of day, and time for tramsportations, it could take a little longer than you think. I love the parks just as much as anyone, but find it easier on my stress level to take it easy, rather than try make it. I am always late too though.

Zippy_D_DooDah
03-29-2007, 12:43 PM
We arrived around 2:00pm on our last trip (Feb 07) and were able to get in our room at OKW. We took a little potty break and freshened up a bit and got to MK around 4:00pm. The parade was over, but I think there was a show going on at the castle, Dream Along with Mickey, so we couldn't walk through like we normally do. We went to the right, past Storytime with Belle, and walked around into Fantasy Land and jumped on the teacups. My 2 daughters are very young so we always hit FL first.

I miss it everyday. If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to by enough DVC points to stay there year round:thumbsup:

lightyearfan
03-29-2007, 12:51 PM
well first off i would try and find a spot to watch the parade, then as thats done with i would probably head over to adventure land from there if time permits due to dinner, take in the country bear jamboree and head off for a that nice meal. after dinner the haunted mansion and hall of presidents would be my next plan of attack, then depending if you're staying for spectromagic and wishes, take the walt disney world express train ride around the park and have it drop you off back where it all started on main street usa find a spot and enjoy the magical spectromagic and wishes fireworks.

hows that sound?

enjoy your trip

Victor

Jerry2
03-29-2007, 01:25 PM
If you are going in the very near future when it’s still getting dark fairly early, and if you’ve never been on the Jungle Cruise at night, I would go to Frontierland first. I would FastPass Splash Mountain, and try to ride standby on Big Thunder Mountain. Then after dinner go to Adventureland, try to ride Pirates, maybe Aladdin, the Tree, Tiki Room and if the sun has gone down, then go on the Jungle Cruise.

dumbo ears
03-31-2007, 02:40 PM
id say see what u want in adventureland and liberty square before dinner. also u should try to get a fastpass for splash mountain before u eat since yu'll be going there after u eat.

Kairi_7378
03-31-2007, 08:14 PM
I'd suggest getting a fast pass for Splash Mountain when you get to the park, then heading for Pirates of the Caribbean and the Tiki Room. By then you should be entitled to get another Fast Pass for the Jungle Cruise before dinner. Sometimes the return window for Splash can be a while away from the time you pick up the ticket, so if you want to ride on the first day and don't want to ride at 10, I'd grab a fast pas first thing.

battle beast
04-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Maybe pick one ride, like Pirates, and do that. Don't rush to your dinner... maybe just hang around the Motel untill your dinner reso's... you really don't want to rush to dinner.

Mickey's Pal
04-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Keep in mind that the Main Street parade starts at 3:00 and that might make moving about the park somewhat challenging. On the plus side, lines might be a bit lighter, whichever land you choose to visit first.

If you arrive anytime between 2:30-4, Main Street will be CROWDED with parade traffic. I'd walk in the front gate, head upstairs and hop on the train. Get off in Adventure/Frontier Land and do the rides while the crowds are watching the parade (short waits). I'd plan on doing the parade on Monday.

I'd head to Fantasyland FIRST THING Monday and ride as much as you can before it gets crazy. ;)

AwPhooey
04-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Depending on the time of year, I'd recommend going to your favorite ride that offers a fastpass and see if there are any more available; that way, if the park is crazy, you won't have to wait in any huge lines.

After you pick up a fastpass, I'd go to Adventureland and hit JC, PotC and any others you're interested in (Magic Carpets, Swiss Family Treehouse, Enchanted Tiki Room). After that, if it's not time for your FP, check out some shows (Country Bears, Hall of Presidents, PhilharMagic). Doing this will allow you to see some of the less crowded attractions without having to wait in lines during the warmest part of the day.