PDA

View Full Version : Travel time from OKW?

r4kids
03-28-2007, 10:59 PM
I was wondering what was the actually
travel time from Old Key West to the parks. Our info says it is all within 5 miles. I am trying to figure out our best dining times. I make my ressies in the morning!!!

PeterPan
03-29-2007, 12:24 AM
In my experience, you need to plan at LEAST 30minutes of travel time - but to be safe, plan on an hour. In other words, if you want to me in the MK at 6:00 p.m., be standing in line for the bus at 5:00. You MIGHT make it in 30 minutes, (we often do) but plan on an hour.

What does everyone else think?

May524
03-29-2007, 01:14 AM
I agree, an hour out is good. OKW is fairly close to the MK, but once you board the bus at OKW, then enter the theme park and walk to your ressie, it can eat up a lot of time. Better to be safe than sorry!

CleveSJM
03-29-2007, 08:34 AM
OKW is very close to Epcot. I'd still recommend an hour, but for Epcot you might be able to figure 45 minutes.

If you are driving yourself, it doesn't save much time. You have to add in your parking and walking in time. A little quicker but not much.

If you are driving to another resort, that saves a bunch of time.

If you are driving to MK, that adds a lot of time because you can only go to the TTC. I'd suggest taking the bus for MK.

GrumpyFan
03-29-2007, 06:08 PM
I agree with what's been said here. While OKW is pretty centrally located, you need to allow up to 60 minutes when travelling from most any resort to a park. Reason being, if you miss your bus, it could be 30 minutes or so before another comes along.

Maleficent's Dad
03-29-2007, 07:59 PM
You driving around or using a car? There is some difference in the two. OKW is fairly unique as in you can park your car literally in front of your room door! :thumbsup: This saves on walking to any parking lot in a resort.

Additionally, I would personally never drive to the MK - the parking is no where near the park itself.

EPCOT, MGM, and DTD are short drives - but also short commutes on the Disney buses. The AK seems to be far from just about everywhere! ;)

Giving yourself an hour on Disney transportation should get you anywhere you need to go in plenty of time. But like every other mass transit system, you will find times where the system is extremely efficient, and at times you'll find those glitches...

r4kids
03-29-2007, 08:14 PM
We are using the bus transportation. We requested to be near the Hospitality House. Hopefully that request will come through. It says 5 miles to just about everywhere but I know the buses can be a bit difficult to judge. Most of the places we are eating we will already be in the park, but for 2 we will not. I will hope for good bus times!!:mickey: