PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break...

LittleDragonErin
03-28-2007, 09:01 PM
This has been eating away at the back of my brain like my Stitch Hat since the weekend. And I've finally come to a decision. I'm taking a little break for a bit. I don't know how long, but it will be however long it takes to renew my interest. There are a few reasons why...

The first and probably biggest factor is that the last few weeks I've found myself sitting in front of my screen staring at the VMK map wondering what to do. Honestly, I feel a little...well, bored. Not that my friends there aren't entertaining or fun to hang out with. I just feel like I've set up goals for myself since I started and I'm now at a point where the only goals left aren't really goals I can actively pursue. (Best Guest and Game room, as well as the green staff shirt are honestly the only challenges for me right now.)

Second to that, I've got a new gig coming up which will require me to spend longer hours in the gym and less hours in front of the computer. Possibly even having to change jobs yet again.

Another main reason is I have family coming over for a couple months on vacation and of course I want to spend time with them.

There are other smaller reasons which my closer friends know about, but they aren't factors that really helped in this decision.

No, I'm not quitting. No, I'm not giving anything away. And no, I won't disappear for a few months. I'm just going to be on less, both in the game and on the boards. I'll probably still be on quite often, just not for hours at a time. Maybe only 1 or 2 hours...maybe even less. Maybe not even every day. I just wanted to let everybody who knows me know what's going on in case they are wondering why they don't see me very often anymore. Who knows, this could last me all of a week before I'm back on for 5 hours a day. Or it could last 6 months. I'm just going to go with the flow.

-LDE

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Okay Dragon. Take a nice long break; being with your family and stuff is good :) If you need anything, like getting items that come out, then we can help you out :mickey: I've also been finding myself being so busy with school, piano, and all that stuff, and it just crowds up and makes it hard to get on VMK.
Anyway, have fun with your family, and good luck :pixie: with your "new gig!" See you on VMK! :)

Mr. Tom Morrow
03-28-2007, 09:39 PM
See you soon Dragon, have a nice break:cool:

TinkRocks
03-29-2007, 03:25 AM
Good luck Dragon. Hope you enjoy your break...

Do remember to check in with us once in a while to say hi!

terri.m
03-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Enjoy your break:mickey:

i know how you feel sometimes, when you just look at the screen and don't know what to do, it's time to move on for a bit.

RenDuran
03-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Enjoy your vmk breather! Take a lot of naps, too!

See.low
03-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Enjoy your time off Little. I haven't experienced the "staring at the VMK map and not knowing what to do" yet.
The pirate lobby...it calls to me! :pirate: (To be said like Pintel in The Curse of the Black Pearl)

chrisb26
03-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Enjoy your break Little

I know how you feel at times I just sit in my room when there isn't anybody on and am just so bored thinking of what to do. See you soon :)

LittleDragonErin
03-31-2007, 02:18 AM
Thanks everybody for all your supportive words and thoughts. This is why it's so hard to stay away. Having good friends, even if all you see if a pixelated avatar, still makes you want to come back for more. ^_^

Many of you probably have still seen me on. And yeah, I'm still on at least once a day but my hours have cut back a lot. I get my credits and one game of Jungle Cruise in the mornings and am off unlike my usual hour to hour and a half I usually spend in the mornings. And I'm only on about an hour at night versus the usual 3-4. So I'm still there, just not quite as much.

Family arrived today, so it will probably take away more of my evening time. But I'll definitely still try to say hello to my friends. All of you are great and I can't imagine not visiting often, even if for only a little bit. :)

Chescat
03-31-2007, 03:39 AM
Good luck with the family. I know how that feels sometimes with a house full, there's times you do want to :penguin: :penguin:

bigpapiortiz34
04-01-2007, 09:36 AM
I myself have found me very board on VMK lately too, so I am taking a mini break as well. I hope you enjoy your break and everything going on in your life (especially that new gig!). Have fun with your family, just don't forget to say hi to your OTHER family (us!) when you get a chance :) :thumbsup:

LittleDragonErin
04-25-2007, 02:06 PM
First off, spending less time on VMK and more time doing other things has done me good. I'm finally back in shape (well I've been in shape but I'm back to almost my best I've been in) thanks to having more time in the gym.

However, a couple people have commented that I seem to be ignoring people on VMK. I still sign on to get my credits from Jungle Cruise and right now to see if I can get that new pin. Mostly just to make sure I get the new stuff for myself and Monkey. I try to answer any PMs people send me. And if you run into me, I do my best to chat.

However, I'm still not "back" yet. I'm trying to avoid spending hours on end in VMK. Yes, it's great to hang out with my VMK friends. But at the same time, I don't want to be sitting in front of a computer when I can and should be doing other things.

So I just want to apologize to anybody who thinks I'm ignoring them or being anti-social. And I assure you I will spend time with everybody once I am "back."

-LDE

mickeytinkerbellprincess
04-25-2007, 06:16 PM
No worries Dragon :thumbsup: I understand! It's better to have a life outside of VMK anyway. Sometimes I too need to get off my butt and do something other than blinding my eyes in front of the computer screen. It's better to be in shape and healthy than to become cross-eyed and have melted brains :P

cheshirecollector
04-25-2007, 08:02 PM
However, a couple people have commented that I seem to be ignoring people on VMK. I still sign on to get my credits from Jungle Cruise and right now to see if I can get that new pin. Mostly just to make sure I get the new stuff for myself and Monkey. I try to answer any PMs people send me. And if you run into me, I do my best to chat.

I've been taking a break as well, just going on for a few things and not really hanging out with anyone either. I thought I'd better post this just in case anyone thought I was ignoring them like they thought with Dragon. I'm not, I'm just not able to spend much time on the game. Even when I'm there in the Fantasyland Courtland going for sword pins, I'm not really there - just going "afk and back" while doing something else. (For those waiting for my quest, I'll hopefully get to it soon, sorry for the delay.)