PDA

View Full Version : Funny Attraction Stories?

angedeaile
03-28-2007, 08:15 PM
I love reading about strange and odd things that happened to folks while riding an attraction.

So, I wonder about any funny things that have happened to you on a DW ride? Something that to this day makes you giggle when you remember it...

I have one that sticks out the most.

We went to the Narnia attraction at MGM on our past trip. They showed the film, the ice queen came out and everyone was glued with interest. When the film ended and the room went dark, we saw a light around the corner. Everyone gasped in excitement as they saw this shadow walk towards us...Oh what could it be?!

It was just a cm with a flashlight telling us to follow him to the exit. :search: Everyone was so disappointed from that build up that to this day, we laugh thinking about it.

Whenever we feel a situation has a dramatic build and a disappointing ending...we call it Narnia.

So you guys spill. Anything funny that happened to you on a ride, whether just a strange occurance or that is part of the attraction?

DisneyMP3Maker
03-28-2007, 08:33 PM
A few years ago I was riding HM with my sister and I caught eyes with the last CM before entering the house and he came up and banged on the doom buggy and yelled and scared my sister so badly that she wouldn't ride any more rides with me. I've had a couple different CMs do that for me. It makes me laugh everytime.

Makusu
03-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Hehe. I have been there enough times to have a million stories! But I will share one of my favorites.
There is (or used to be) a CM that worked at the haunted mansion. He was standing on the well outside of the building standing like a statue. He would not move...for anything! So my friend tried to do something. He poked him and said "are you alive?!" The CM just glanced at him. My friend did not notice that he had jumped off the well and followed him through the queue. Soon my friend turned around and he was right there in his face saying "are you alive?!" :rotfl:

This was when they still had "E-tickets". So I went back there at night by myself. The same guy was working inside now wearing those pink flashing mickey ears on springs. He was carrying around a broom hitting the back of peoples doombuggies. :thedolls:

Sadly, I have not seen this CM working there in the past couple years.

Touchdown
03-28-2007, 11:48 PM
^That is exactly why being a HM butler is my dream retirement job. I can so see myself as an old man doing those antics :).

Christine
03-29-2007, 12:02 AM
During our trip last week, we were going into POTC. The CM at the turnstiles was telling everyone in line "You may enter on both sides!" because as usual, everyone was going to the right.

A man walked up to the CM and said, "What's the difference?" The CM said, pointing, "This one is right, and this one is left!"

AliceinDisney
03-29-2007, 01:15 AM
My mom and I went on Dinosaur for the first time and just thought it was this interesting history ride with Dino's like the one at EPCOT kind of then the lights went out and that huge T-Rex was above us, it looked so real my mom and I started to scream our heads off and then we started howling with laughter. Needless to say the guy sitting next to us was not amused. Its like get a sense of humour buddy! Its fun! So we check out our pics and sure enough I look like a goon with my mouth wide open and my mom is laughing in the pic and the guy sitting next to us is frowning a frousy face.

Goofy Pluto
03-29-2007, 08:44 AM
I have a Dinosaur experience, too!

We went on it back in 2001, just the wife and myself back then. We went through the ride and came out to check the picture that was taken and you see a car full of people just casually looking up at the dinosaur... except for my wife! She was cowaring with her arms up and her head down like she was really going to be eaten by a dinosaur! It was so funny! I started cracking up. She was not amused.

Of course, I made the mistake of NOT purchasing the picture. I wish I had.

Belle619
03-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Oh gosh, when it comes to funny ride photos - my sister and I take the cake! Our first time on Space Mountain we thought we were goners! I get really bad motion sickness and she hates rollercoasters (but we don't like to not try stuff at least once). Well, after the ride the CM's were watching us get off to make sure we were ok! And the picture was hillarious. I had my head down and my sister was holding on for dear life. The funny thing, there were three 10 yr. olds in front of us with their arms up and having a great time....we are A LOT older than them!

I just crack up because all of the rides after that, my sister still had the same horrified look on her face (Splash, Dinosaur, etc.) We didn't buy the Space Mountain pic, but we made sure to buy all of the rest because they are priceless!!!

Michigander
03-29-2007, 11:33 AM
I have a picture from Splash Mountain where the log has all but one person with their hands in the air having a great time. But the woman at the very back has a yellow rain poncho pulled so tight over her she looks like she's wearing a form of birth control.;) Anyway it's a hoot!

LauraSAnne
03-29-2007, 11:38 AM
On the first day of our most recent trip, we arrived to MK at opening. In all our excitement, we rushed back to Big Thunder and Splash and decided to ride Spalsh first. Not knowing what the line for Big Thunder would be like once we got off Splash, I said "Let's get fast passes!". So here we are, standing at the machines while there's no wait what-so-ever for Big Thunder when we hear from behind us "WHAT IN TARNATION ARE YOU FOLKS DOING?! Can't you see there ain't no wait!" Up walks some Frontier Man character [who I'm sure has a name]. Everyone points their fingers at me since it WAS my idea and he just starts picking on me like crazy as a small crowd starts to gather. I tried to explain my logic but there was no gettin' out of it--the man was just too witty! We were all laughing so hard as we walked away--and he just kept on yelling out to me how crazy I was.

I thought that was the end of it once we got on Splash, but when the ride was over and our log pulled up to the unload area, there he was! As soon as he saw me, he started telling everyone the "crazy" thing I had done--then he noticed that I had not gotten wet on the ride. He proceeded to squirt me with a watersquirter until we got out. Needless to say I was wet then! I hope to run into him again on our next trip ...I love it when you can interract with the characters that much! :thumbsup:

IrishMickey
03-29-2007, 02:18 PM
I have two funny stories, the first was on the Jungle Cruise, at the end of the cruise when they help you out the CM would not let go of my arm, he helped everyone else out, the entire time the captain is saying on the mic, "miss, he needs to do his job, please let him go," and the whole place was laughing, well he finally let go once the next boat came and we went through letting off those guest. You may ask where my "friends" were, laughing so hard that most were sitting on the floor, we have a great picture somewhere. The second is for my DH, at Disneyland on the Pooh ride when we tried to get out our doors would not open so we got to ride again, when we came back they really had to give them a good "kick" to open, my DH was thinking we were going to be stuck there all day, he is still hesitant about riding that ride. :mickey:

Roger Rabbit 89
03-29-2007, 02:55 PM
We were all on The Great Movie Ride. DS(3) was sitting in the middle of our row of seats and we were towards the front of the car. We got to the Western scene and the cowboy says "reach for the sky." My DS sheepishly looks around and raises his arms in the air, because he thought the guy was talking to him. All of the people behind us started laughing! The CM in the front wasn't sure what was going on.

Michael

slt21
03-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Not exactly hilarious, but it jumps to mind immediately...

I went to Disney with a couple really good friends last year, and we went on Splash Mountain. Well, I had chickened out of the ride the last few times I had gone with family, and neither of my friends had been on the ride since they were little kids. So, it was the first time in a loooong time for all of us. On the ride, it was myself and one friend in the third row, and my other friend sat by herself in the last row.

So, we ride and have a great time, and get to the pictures. Both myself and the friend who I was sitting with were absolutely screaming our heads off - our mouths were so wide we could've caught bugs, lol. And then we look at the back row, and there's my other friend with the absolute dumbest expression I have ever seen, hamming for the camera but looking completely blase about the fact that we're dropping twelve stories. The funniest part was she was staring straight at the camera.

I bought the photo; still have it somewhere.

Disney_Barbie
03-30-2007, 03:17 PM
he came up and banged on the doom buggy and yelled

Haha, when I was younger I was with my teenage sister and this also happened to us, by my sister is a tough cookie and she punched CM that jumped out at us. She didn't mean to hurt him, she was just startled and I guess that was her first reaction. We all felt so bad for him!

LoriMistress
03-30-2007, 05:04 PM
DH and I were on Dinasaur. Right when you're at the part when you're going back to the Present, and the guy on the intercom is saying, "We're not gonna make it! We're not gonna make it!" The ride stops and it breaks down. It was quiet for a moment and the guy in the front said, "I guess we didn't make it." Everyone in the car was laughing.

LoriMistress
03-30-2007, 05:09 PM
On the first day of our most recent trip, we arrived to MK at opening. In all our excitement, we rushed back to Big Thunder and Splash and decided to ride Spalsh first. Not knowing what the line for Big Thunder would be like once we got off Splash, I said "Let's get fast passes!". So here we are, standing at the machines while there's no wait what-so-ever for Big Thunder when we hear from behind us "WHAT IN TARNATION ARE YOU FOLKS DOING?! Can't you see there ain't no wait!" Up walks some Frontier Man character [who I'm sure has a name]. Everyone points their fingers at me since it WAS my idea and he just starts picking on me like crazy as a small crowd starts to gather. I tried to explain my logic but there was no gettin' out of it--the man was just too witty! We were all laughing so hard as we walked away--and he just kept on yelling out to me how crazy I was.

I thought that was the end of it once we got on Splash, but when the ride was over and our log pulled up to the unload area, there he was! As soon as he saw me, he started telling everyone the "crazy" thing I had done--then he noticed that I had not gotten wet on the ride. He proceeded to squirt me with a watersquirter until we got out. Needless to say I was wet then! I hope to run into him again on our next trip ...I love it when you can interract with the characters that much! :thumbsup:

That is absolutely hilarous!!! Great story!!!:mickey:

Ghost * Hostess
03-30-2007, 05:26 PM
When my dd was 6 and we were at WDW we went on the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. I had not been on this for a while because dh would take her on. Well she wanted to steer and because she is tiny I had to manage the gas pedal. Now like I said she is tiny and could'nt manage the steering wheel and gave up. Now I am trying to steer this indy car from the other side and work the gas pedal at the same time. We were bouncing off the track like a pinball. Anyway I couldn't wait to get off. When we finally pull up to get out, there was a boy and his dad waiting to get in our car. My dd starts to tell them how her mommy cannot drive, she is crazy, she was trying to drive off the track, yada yada yada. All the man could do was smile and say "Oh really". I wanted to disappear.:blush: Needless to say, she is back to going on this with her dad now.

Niecyboo
03-30-2007, 10:24 PM
We have a funny picture story too. We were taking our 4YO DS on Splash for the first time, and we weren't sure how he'd like it. Well, he seemed to love it. When we got off the ride, we have this picture of my DD cowering in my husband's arm while he's got this look of horror on his face. My other DD and I are both screaming, and our 4YO is just sitting there, smiling, with the most relaxed look on his face. We had to buy it. He humbled us all.

By the way, just the other day when we asked him which ride he wanted to ride first on our upcoming trip, he said "The Big Drop" (his name for it.)

dumbo ears
03-30-2007, 11:36 PM
well this didn't happen during the the ride but anyway my friend and I have been to MK twice together and each time we are about to ride splach mountain we always get something. like in febuary we were walking to it and some lady gave us like 4 fastpasses for it and they were for that hour. then the first time we rode it we got in line for it and the line was 130 minutes but we wanted to ride real bad. then 2 girls came up to us and they had a pass that let us cut all the way to the front and get on when we got up there. so we did with no wait. so we have always been lucky me and my friend. so thats my story

mrsgaribaldi
03-31-2007, 08:18 AM
Once DH and I were on line for ToT with this cute little girl and her dad. She was about 5 and he didn't want to go but his wife was waiting with another younger child. When we got on the ride the little girl was right next to me. We started to go and someone was touching me. I whispered to DH "someone's touching me", when I saw it was the little girl holding on to me. It was so cute and she loved it:mickey:

CarolinaWDWFan
03-31-2007, 09:35 AM
We were all on The Great Movie Ride. DS(3) was sitting in the middle of our row of seats and we were towards the front of the car. We got to the Western scene and the cowboy says "reach for the sky." My DS sheepishly looks around and raises his arms in the air, because he thought the guy was talking to him. All of the people behind us started laughing! The CM in the front wasn't sure what was going on.

Michael

I have a similar story on GMR. My nephew was 8 and when we got to the gangster scene, they went through the dialog. He looked nervous with all the shouting. As soon as they "got out their grinders" and started firing, he ducked and hid on the floor of the vehicle. Several people around us saw and the whole car errupted in laughter. He is 16 now and to this day we tease him about that. Priceless!:D

KayDee
04-01-2007, 09:55 AM
When we were on the Keys to the Kingdom tour we were at the Haunted Mansion getting told about the chicken exits on rides when the doors burst open and we hear a lot of screaming from a child and a CM announces "We got one" and the child and the dad came out the exit with the child screaming "get me out of here". Great example of how the chicken exits are used.

Another one is my DW on Splash Mountian. She is terrified of this ride. We have purchased a few pictures with me, arms in the air smiling, she has her eyes closed with a look of pure terror on her face. However, last time we went down this ride a person in the front of the log had a hat on. During the big drop this guy's hat flew off. DW with eyes closed and all managed to catch it. Disney Magic at its best!

angedeaile
04-01-2007, 01:34 PM
During the big drop this guy's hat flew off. DW with eyes closed and all managed to catch it. Disney Magic at its best!

That is awesome!

I always wondered why DW never has things like, can't wear flip flops on certain rides and can't wear hats or glasses on others.

princessimagineer
04-01-2007, 02:10 PM
i believe this happend on our '05 trip:
our first day wen we arrive is usually spent at MK and on this day we saw that Stitches Great Escape was first opening and there was a long line but we decide to go on. Mind you it was the fist ride of that trip we went on. Anyway so when u first walk in on that ride your in like that movie room and you watch that movie. well since it was brand new i guess they didnt get timing exactly correct so they werent ready for us to go on to that second room so we had to watch the movie agian. So now that we know the story of the ride pretty well we think okay time to move on. NOPE they still cudnt let us in yet so we had to watch the movie for the THIRD time but this time there was no sound. but thats okay because we had all memorised what the movie was saying. At the end of the movie was the countdown and everybody in the room counted down with it and then the doors opened and everybody cheered. it was amazing.

My mom told me this story about a time she was watching Carasel of Progress and they got stuck on the same scene so she had to see the character on that excersize machine, idk what they are called, but she saw it bunch of times. And that is also her explanation on why she knows all the words to the song.

taymaesmom
04-01-2007, 10:59 PM
I have two things that come to mind. One our last trip dd and I were on splash. The man sitting in front of us has on a large hat. When we went down the big drop his hat flew off and landed smack in the middle of my face and thats where it was in the picture. We didnt buy the picture but it was funny. The man was happy to have his hat back though.

On our first trip my oldest dd was 9 and we went on TOT, we were seated in the front row with another little girl and her dad. Both girls were in the middle side by side. As the doors to the elevator shut the other girl turned to my dd and said we are all gonna die. Everyone in the elevator burst out laughing except my dd who asked are we really? She loved the ride but wouldnt ride again that year.

Wolf
04-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Oh gah when we are talking about ToT when we went in Oct of 06 I had never rode it before and mom sat on the left of me and there was a guy by himself on my right, well in my terror i ended up clenching both of their arms, tight. I appologized to him once we hit the ground and offered to buy him some asprin because I figured I gave him a terrible headache. He just laughed and told me it was fine, Mom still gives me a hard time about making me sit next to the wall when we go again.

GoofysGirl
04-02-2007, 01:19 PM
This is an old one. It was around 1981 and I was about 6 years old. We always visited in the summer, so it seemed about 1 million degrees to a hot, tired 6 year old! We were waiting to see the Hall of Presidents. We were standing in the roped off lines when a CM came over a loud speaker and announced it was almost time for the next show to start & there would be "ample seating" for everyone. Well, my 6 year old tired ears didn't quite hear what the CM said and I yelled out to my parents "Oh no mama, "apple eating". Every adult around us nearly fell over they were laughing so hard and my parents quickly explained to me what the CM had really said. :blush: They won't let me live it down to this day and I am 32 years old!!!!! And I still don't like apples!!!!! :thumbsup: