PDA

View Full Version : beach club and MGM

hooberry
03-28-2007, 08:13 PM
What time do the water taxies start from beach club to MGM and about how long is the travel time? I actually will need to get from MGM to beach club for 10:30 character breakfast, if MGM is scheduled to open at 9:00 will this be possible?:confused: Also where do you catch the water taxies at MGM?

PrinceCharming13
03-28-2007, 09:17 PM
I almost certain the boats start running around 7:30 or 8:00. 20 minutes should be plenty of time to make the trip from MGM to Beach Club. As you walk towards the front gate of MGM, look to the right and you will see the boat launch.

Raye3201
03-28-2007, 10:24 PM
I would not worry - you will have plenty of time to take a water taxi to the Beach Club. You can also walk to the Beach Club - because of the close proximity, it can take less time than the boats. :mickey:

bkfree
03-28-2007, 10:37 PM
The boats start running early and we stayed at the Yacht Club and timed the trip to MGM. It was 8 minutes.

ThanxForNoticin
03-29-2007, 12:47 PM
If you have a 10:30 ADR at BC, I'd recommend you be at the boat launch (just outside the main entrance of MGM) no later than 10:00. The boat ride is less than 10 minutes, but depending on the timing of when it comes, you need to allow a little time. Plus, when the boat drops you off at the BC/YC dock, you'll still have a few minutes of walking into the BC and to the restaurant. You are probably going to Cape May, which is a great breakfast. After eating that big breakfast, you might want to consider taking the walking path from the BC back to MGM ! Enjoy.

jefmblrd
03-29-2007, 12:51 PM
You won't have a problem getting there on time. You may even want to leave a little before 10 and walk around the Beach Club, Boardwalk area; it's beautiful there and worth checking out.

Donald Duck
03-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Leave some extras time if you're taking the boat. You could just miss th boat and have to wait for another one to arrive. It also makes stops at the Swan/Dolphin and the Boardwalk.

disney323
03-31-2007, 10:17 PM
The boats come and go about every 20 - 25 minutes and the trip will stop first at the swan dolphin and then the beach club second stop (I think) third stop is boardwalk and fourth is epcot and then the boats does the reverse trip back towards mgm. Its only a couple minutes at each stop and a couple minutes between stops. The walk is at least a minimum of 10 minutes if you walk really really fast.