PDA

View Full Version : Newbie 3/10 - 3/17 trip report Day 5

Ginger205b
03-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Day five was a really good day -- more relaxing. My kids are water park lovers so we headed out for Blizzard Beach. It was nice park but I found it no better than our Six Flags water park Hurricane Harbour other than access to tubes for floating on. DS and DH headed out for the big slides like Summit Plummit and Slushin Gusher while DD and I headed out for the more tame slides like the Double Downhill and the tube slides. We all liked Teamboat Springs. That's the family slide where everyone goes down in a large tube/boat together. We really played it up on that one and rode it a couple of times. After lunch and a little rest in the sun we headed back to the resort to get ready for LaNouba!! We decided to take the boat ride down the river from POFQ to Downtown Disney. That was nice for a change from the busses. When we arrived at Downtown we had a little time for looking around and shopping. :shop: I had to check out the Christmas store and found a really nice souvenier ornament for our tree. We took a leisurely stroll all the way over to LaNouba which was a welcomed change of pace. I guess you could say we had been going at commando pace until that day and we all needed to rejuvenate. LaNOUBA was really AWESOME!! The kids were so entertained. My DD has the most infectious laugh and I loved hearing her have such a good time. The show was 90 min. long but it flew by. After the show we bopped on over to Planet Hollywood for our 8:00 dinner resi. I'll have to say that it was loud in there but the kids were again entertained by the music and videos and we all sat at the table just singing and bobbin' to the music. To top it off, the food was surprisingly very tasty. My DH and DS loved their steaks and my garlic shrimp was good too. DD was not thrilled with her spaghetti and meatballs but we had plenty of food to share with her. After dinner we strolled back, looked around in
World of Disney and DH and I both purchased Mickey Mouse watches. I have always wanted a Mickey Mouse watch and now I have one!! The boat ride back to POFQ was nice and relaxing and the lights of Downtown Disney were beautiful. Another perfect day in the World.:cloud9:

Christine
03-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Sounds absolutely fantastic!!

faline
03-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Great day - start to finish!

Did you get matching Mickey Mouse watches?

Ginger205b
03-29-2007, 12:31 PM
They aren't exactly the same but they are really close. My two-toned band is a little bit daintier, plus there are two more interchangeable bands (black and brown leather!!)

pogo
03-29-2007, 01:17 PM
WOW........ What a great time you had !

We like relaxing days at WDW !:D

sleepingbooty
03-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Wow, what a wonderful day! Thanks for sharing:mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-30-2007, 09:47 PM
sounds like a great day.

pdrlkr
04-07-2007, 03:26 PM