PDA

View Full Version : worried about tony's

busterthebronco
03-28-2007, 07:00 PM
we're leaving friday and another post has me worried about tony's.
i aint real big on italian and neither is buster jr but the wife really wants to try this place.
is it decent?
weve done the crystal palce and LTT and i have ressies for CRT.
any options?
weve eaten a lot of places so think outside the box.

disneyfan1124
03-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Tony's is fine if you want to experience it once just to try it. I have found them to be way over priced and the portions are very small compared to other restaurants on property. We actually left hungry.

Have you ever eaten at the Plaza Restaurant? They are standard fare, excellent service, and reasonably priced.

ElenitaB
03-28-2007, 07:28 PM
To be fair, Tony's isn't horrible... just not "all that." However, it can be a nice place to have lunch, particularly if you're seated in the balcony section on a nice day. We've had dinner there and timed our ADR so that we had a prime viewing of Spectro!

To think outside the box, I'd actually think outside the park, and head over to Ft. Wilderness to the buffet, to WL to go to WCC, or to the Poly to go to Kona Café.

So many restaurants, so little time! :cool:

Brian
03-28-2007, 07:36 PM
I recommend lunch at Tony's instead of dinner. The selection seems better and the prices aren't quite as high. We like Tony's for lunch. We rarely go there for dinner.

SBETigg
03-28-2007, 07:37 PM
You may end up loving it! You never know. Some people hate some restaurants I love, and the reverse. It's so hard to trust reviews. So much depends on the particular visit, your personal tastes, etc. If the wife wants to try it, you're probably better off going along and making the best of it.

Other dining options would be to leave the park and take a monorail ride over to 'Ohana or Kona Cafe at the Polynesian, or the 1900 Park Fare meal at the Grand Floridian, Chef Mickey's or Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary. All fun to try. Best wishes!

IrishMickey
03-28-2007, 07:39 PM
I think Tony's is great for lunch. We ordered things that we never make, that way we couldn't compare to our home cooking (I was raised with a very Italian uncle). If you are on the dining plan this works great because you do not worry about the price. We ordered some chicken dish that was pretty good, but what made it was sitting outside and watching the happenings on Main Street. My kids loved it and they still have the Lady and the Tramp sticker. Go in with an open mind and you will enjoy, after all you are at the MK:mickey: I am jealous, wish I could be there now.

Makusu
03-28-2007, 09:06 PM
As I just posted in another post, Tony's is a great place for lunch. If you have reservations for it already, I would go for it.

Raye3201
03-29-2007, 12:13 AM
My advice would be to skip Tony's - for lunch or dinner. Overpriced, service is poor, and our meal in January was a disaster...my husband who NEVER gets upset and is very easy going was livid with the lack of service and poor food.

I don't think you have to leave MK for a good meal, personally. Crystal Palace and LTT are good table service meals and there are plenty of counter service meals that are better than Tony's.

If you're thinking of something other than CRT, Crystal Palace or LTT, how about Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary or something around the world showcase? You could take the monorail to Epcot and dine around the world. Les Chefs de France is great food and our kids really like the Rose and Crown too.

If you're not on the dining plan I would also recommend Beaches and Cream at the beach club - it's a great place for burgers etc. and has the best desserts.:mickey:

jefmblrd
03-29-2007, 05:44 AM
I ate at Tony's once a couple of years ago and would not go back. I had the baked ziti, and it was not good at all. The food had little flavor and the quality was equal to something that had been frozen.

It was nce to sit next to the Lady and the Tramp statue but not nice enough to make me go back.

homeschool mom
03-29-2007, 11:20 AM
We ate at Tony's a couple of years ago and we loved it! The food was delicious and we had a great waiter. In fact, my DD was asking the other day if we could go back this coming trip! I think, as with everything else, this is strictly a matter of opinion. Some people will love it and others will hate it.

Belle_0717
03-29-2007, 01:00 PM
My DH and I love Tony's. We got for lunch to get the combo - soup or salad and 1/2 sandwich.

I am an Italian and IMO you are not going to WDW to get authentic Italian food. You are going to the MAGIC of the World. Remember that and you will enjoy every minute.

Natazu
03-29-2007, 01:50 PM
It's ok. We've been twice and enjoyed it both times. It's a very pretty restaurant and you can't beat the location.

emmaes1
03-31-2007, 07:57 PM
I ate there last year and would not go back . I didnt think the food was that good.

MsMin
04-01-2007, 12:47 AM
Our family was split w/ the reviews, same table. My dad loved the sausage and my son loved the Spinach Manicoti. I had the eggplant along w/ my mom and we were disappointed but it wasn't real warm.
As mentioned, a bad meal can happen anywhere and ppl have different tastes. We enjoyed the location and not that I would run back, I wouldn't say no if someone asked me to join them. I would just order something different next time. Our service had it's dips but he told us he was waiting on the kitchen. Hope you go and enjoy.

Bubbie Girl
04-03-2007, 12:55 PM
My family of 4 ate there last year and we will never go back. Not a one of us cared for the food. The prices were very high for what we got and service not that good. We went for lunch. I do have to say the inside of Tonys was very nice to see but for the price I wish we had choosen a different place, but everyone has different tastes and maybe you will love it.