PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Tree Tavern or Tony's for Dinner??

5fromabove
03-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Any opinions?? Five short days until we can make our ADR's :party: and trying to fine tune some details. Looks like there will be a night at MK that we still need a TS dinner. We'll be doing Crystal Palace for brunch already on one day. Anyone been to Tony's? Is it good? Italian food is my very favorite :D Thanks.

disneygoofball
03-28-2007, 06:20 PM
When I was there with my family, we ate at Tony's and I don't think any of us liked the food. It was overpriced, and not very good. That was a couple of years ago, however (we have refused to go back there). On our honeymoon in September, 2006, my husband and I ate at the Liberty Tree Tavern, and it was excellent, as always. We've always enjoyed LTT, so that would definitely be my recommendation.

I know there are others on here who enjoy Tony's, but we were not impressed.

Iluvpooh
03-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Liberty Tree-Not a big fan of Tony's.

Checkers
03-28-2007, 06:34 PM
:mickey: We are going to WDW in a few weeks and have reservations at both. We definitely love LTT but are having second thoughts about Tony's. We had a very bad experience there a few years ago but decided to give it another chance, now I don't know.

Sunshine1010
03-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Okay....I'm going to be honest.....

Tony's was horrible. No one in my family liked it.

Liberty Tree Tavern had good cobbler.....and the mashed potatoes were okay. Everything else was just plain 'not worth a penny'. No one in my family liked this one either.

If you are going to use a TS.....travel to a resort and get better food.

wdwfamily531
03-28-2007, 06:36 PM
We have never been to Liberty Tree Tavern, but we tried Tony's in September for the first time. Our experience there was good, and we are planning to go there on our next trip.

vamaggie
03-28-2007, 06:42 PM
We like LTT-never been to Tony's.

auntfrannie
03-28-2007, 06:48 PM
My family really enjoyed LTT; the food was good and the character interaction was great. I ate at Tony's on one of my solo trips and it was ok but nothing I would make a point of trying a second time.

JPL
03-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Liberty Tree all the way :thumbsup:

Italian food and WDW just don't mix well :sick:

disneyfan1124
03-28-2007, 06:59 PM
LTT for sure! Tony's is over-priced and the food isn't anything special. LTT is fun, the food is good, certainly plentiful, service is great, and characters are always a blast!

If you want to scoot out to a resort, try the GFC (Grand Floridian Cafe) and request to be seated out back in the rotunda, by a window. it's relaxing, exceptional service, amazing food quality. It's a quick monorail ride over and back to MK so you can be back in MK for Spectro and fireworks if you want.

if Spectro and fireworks inside MK aren't important, you can see FW from GFC so if you time your dinner right, it could be very magical!

BelleBeauty
03-28-2007, 07:11 PM
We really enjoyed LTT this past trip! As long as you enjoy the Thanksgiving-type fare, you will really like this place. It is great to see the characters is non-traditional outfits, and the restaurant isn't overwhelming becuase there are many small areas. We really enjoyed ourselves, our server was great, but go hungry!

May524
03-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Another vote for LTT! :number1:
I've never eaten at Tony's, the menu hasn't appealed to me, and all the reviews I've read haven 't been positive.

ElenitaB
03-28-2007, 07:25 PM
We've also eaten at both restaurants and while I would probably have lunch again at Tony's, I don't think we'll be having dinner there again any time soon. We do love LTT though... for lunch or dinner!

disneyfan1124's suggestion of leaving MK and heading out to a monorail resort for dinner is also a great idea. We just love Kona Café over at the Poly. (Hope we didn't complicate your life even further ;) ).

SBETigg
03-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Take a monorail ride or boat launch over to a nearby resort for a better meal than you can get in the parks. 'Ohana or Kona Cafe at the Polynesian would both be good choices.

hoop de do
03-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern by a landslide. :eat: :eat:

Makusu
03-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Hmm. LTT has some good food. I really do love Tony's for lunch, however I have not eaten there for supper, so I have no say for that. I'd go with LTT.

adamsfam5
03-28-2007, 10:27 PM
We've been to both; I would recommend LTT. We love the food at LTT and the kids enjoy the interaction. It's just good home style comfort food. We enjoyed Tony's two years ago; I would return for lunch. Service was great and the food was good, just not as good as LTT.

Enjoy!:mickey:

Raye3201
03-29-2007, 12:00 AM
We ate at both LTT and Tony's for dinner during our recent trip in January. I would definitely recommend LTT over Tony's.
LTT is typical Thanksgiving fare for dinner but it is very good. The service is excellent although the seating portion is a little bit to be desired...yelling the names out with most people jammed into the lobby is a bit strange to me, especially with the fact that most of the names have to be repeated 3 and 4 times because families cannot hear the CM's.

Our experience at Tony's was so poor we will never go back. The food was mediocre but the service was awful. Our children had to sit on the floor to wait for our table as there were not enough chairs in the waiting area and no chairs in front of the children's tv area...would have been better if the carpet was clean. We wanted to try it because I had heard the food was good and it is 'Lady and the Tramp's' restaurant but I think Lady and Tramp had it right when they dined OUTSIDE the restaurant in the back alley.:rotfl:

LTT all the way.:mickey:

tys_mommy
03-29-2007, 08:21 AM
We've never eaten at Tony's but my husband's only request for our upcoming trip is LTT every night for dinner. I guess I should be careful when I beg for him to give just a little input on planning our trip, I really liked LTT too but I'm not sure if I liked it enough for the 8 nights of our trip so I think we'll have to compromise.

GreenBeetle
03-29-2007, 08:33 AM
Liberty Tree!! :thumbsup:

AwPhooey
03-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Yet another vote for LTT! :number1:

disneydaisy
03-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Haven't been to Tony's, but Liberty Tree Tavern is great. We went in October just before the MNSSHP starts and had great food and a great time. Will be going again this October!:mickey:

Belle_0717
03-29-2007, 12:54 PM
I prefer Tony's for lunch - they have a soup or salad and sandwich combo which is excellent.

Love LTT. Last there for honeymoon - went on Halloween night and characters in costume.

Natazu
03-29-2007, 02:05 PM
I like the "down home" food at Liberty Tree a little better than Mickey Mouse Italian. Plus, at LTT, you get characters. So if I were forced to pick between the two, I'd go with LTT. But with like 8 really great restaurants just a Monorail ride away, we don't find our way to MK for dinner very often.

mook3y
03-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Any opinions?? Five short days until we can make our ADR's :party: and trying to fine tune some details. Looks like there will be a night at MK that we still need a TS dinner. We'll be doing Crystal Palace for brunch already on one day. Anyone been to Tony's? Is it good? Italian food is my very favorite :D Thanks.

We ate at Tony's one time and was not happy with the food at all. We love Italian food and left very dissapointed with the meal. The service was good.

We love LTT. Far and away it is our favorite TS in the MK. That is our choice this year!