PDA

View Full Version : Newbie 3/10 - 3/17 trip report - Day 4

Ginger205b
03-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Well after much needed rest DD was feeling fine as day four started but I couldn't say the same for myself. But.......I toughed it out and made the best of it and felt fine as the day went on. Day four was Epcot day. With extra magic at 8:00 a.m. we started out early. As usual the routine was DS ran for fast passes for Soarin' and we met up with him in the Land. We grabbed a quick bite for breakfast in that Snack area on the bottom floor of the Land and headed out to check out Spaceship Earth (no wait) Honey I Shrunk the Audience (not wait) and Figment (no wait) then walked over to check out Mission Space and Test Track. We didn't have time to stand in line for those two attractions before we had to head back for our Soarin' fast pass but we scoped it out and made plans to return after Soarin'. What can I say about Soarin' but AWSOME!!! OMG!! Without a doubt the best attraction at Epcot. We all loved it...........DD too. By the time we finished riding (around 10:45 ish) they had already given out all of the fast passes for Soarin' for the day. After Soarin' we headed back over to Mission Space and my DS and DH stood in line green line while DD and I went to the entrance to meet up with our nieces from Illinois. They happened to be at their summer condo at St. Petersburg for Spring Break and decided to come to Epcot to spend the day with us. After the girls got there, we all grabbed fast passes for test track (for 7:30p.m.) and headed over the the Garden Grill for our lunch resi. I was worried that they wouldn't be able to join us because I had only reserved a table for four but they were very gracious and said it was no problem at all. We all enjoyed lunch very much. The fish was very tasty and the bread pudding was yummmmmy not to mention the fun we had interacting with Chip & Dale, Pluto and Mickey. That Dale...what a mischief maker he was. We got cute pics of him messing up all of the girls hair and stealing food from my DS's plate and feeding it to my DH. After lunch we decided to head back to the resort so the girls could catch some rays poolside. Later we returned and rode Test Track and the girls and DS decided to try out Mission Space Orange team. They all made it fine but were a little green around the gills when the came out. We decided to tone it down a little and headed to world showcase. We did a little shopping in Mexico and Norway but the standby line for Maelstrom was 40 min. so we didn't have time for that. We had to find a spot to watch Illuminations. We found one alright but I was very disappointed......... the boat dock was right in our way and we all had to stretch and stand on our tip toes to see most of it. DD missed most of it unfortunately so we ended the day on a little bit of a sour note. Exiting the park was an event in itself!! Very crowded but I did manage to see the cool fiber optic pavers in the entrance way. We made it back to the resort and opted for pizza delivery for a late dinner (yummy).

pdrlkr
03-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Christine
03-28-2007, 11:53 PM
So glad you liked Soarin'. I agree it is absolutely fantastic!

Another great day!!

faline
03-29-2007, 10:30 AM
It must have been fun to get a chance to spend some time with your nieces!

Sorry you didn't have the best spot for Illuminations!

pogo
03-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Another great day Ginger ! :thumbsup:

Sorry about hearing you didn't feel too good. :(

On to read more. :D

sleepingbooty
03-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Sounds like a fun day. Can't wait to spend more time at Epcot on our next trip!

Bethis26fan
03-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Sounds like a great day thanks for sharing.