PDA

View Full Version : Any luck at resturant opening without ADRs?

raider97
03-28-2007, 04:09 PM
I called and couldn't get my party of 8 into a resturant we wanted earlier than 9 p.m. the week we are going to be there . Has anyone had any luck showing up at opening and having luck getting seated?

DVC2004
03-28-2007, 04:17 PM
It depends on the restaurant. I have had luck at Liberty Tree Tavern,Kona Cafe, and Cehfs De France. At the very popular places ('Ohana; LeCellier)- have tried several times but was turned away.

JPL
03-28-2007, 04:58 PM
I would have to say no to having any luck especially with a Party of 8.

Snowwite
03-28-2007, 06:16 PM
I called and couldn't get my party of 8 into a resturant we wanted earlier than 9 p.m. the week we are going to be there . Has anyone had any luck showing up at opening and having luck getting seated?

Yes,but that was pre dining plan. I wouldnt risk it now.

May524
03-28-2007, 07:28 PM
On my honeymoon in January, which is a slow time, we saw many families get turned away saying they were booked for the night.
I suggest taking the 9pm reservation. Eat a late lunch :)

Marilyn Michetti
03-28-2007, 07:42 PM
If it's a "have to", make the ADR for whenever you can, even if you have to sit at two tables. There's only two of us, and we still got turned away except for a really late lunch at Le Cellier. We took it, enjoyed it, and ate CS most of the rest of the time. We had two ADR's that week.:(

watch4pixiedust
03-29-2007, 02:44 PM
I don't know how soon you trip is, but I have been able to get adr's eventually, by calling back every few days (they told me I could try calling as often as I wanted). If that doesn't work, you may be able to take advantage of a cancellation at that restaurant after you arrive, again, by continuing to check with dining. Most of the restaurants seem limited on tables that can accomodate 8, so it may help to let them know if you can/are willing to split up your party into 2 or even 3 tables in order to get the place or time you want. (Depending on how important that particular restaurant is to you, and perhaps how many young children are in your group - don't want them to end up at a table by themselves!;) ) One other possiblilty that comes to mind is if you would be able to split your group for 2 tables, you might be able to make 2 adr's for just a few minutes apart, then all arrive to check in together. We made an adr for 10 min later than my sister's, and they ended up seating us together! We were just hoping to be near each other.

Hope you are able to get your adr's! Have a great trip!

faline
03-29-2007, 02:51 PM
We were only a party of two but last June we were able to get walk up seating right at opening at both Liberty Tree Tavern and at Le Cellier. Although I must say that 10-15 minutes after we arrived at Le Cellier, they were no longer accepting walk-ins. I would think this would be much more difficult with a large party.