PDA

View Full Version : Yacht Club/Beach Club

big blue and hairy
03-28-2007, 03:34 PM
A couple of questions...one, are the resorts actually connected, or do you have to go outside to go from one the other? Two, which resort do you like better, and why? Thanks.

:sulley:

Seasonscraps
03-28-2007, 03:41 PM
They are adjacent but not connected -- you do have to go outside to go between them. There's a path that lines around the outside of both resorts that you can use to go back & forth.

I like them both the same -- the yacht club is a little quieter but I like the color scheme of the beach club a little better.

Maleficent's Dad
03-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Physically they are connected; I'm pretty sure that CM's can access one resort to the next. But for us, we need to go outside. It is a covered walkway around from BC to YC.

We prefer BC because (1) we're DVC members and stay at the villas, (2) it's closer to EPCOT where we dine frequently, (3) more lively atmosphere which appeals to us and the kids, and (4) because we've never stayed at the YC!!! (We have dined there frequently, and have been inside it numerous times, just never spent the night.)

bkfree
03-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Our favorite is the Yacht Club room 3017. But I also think that any of the Epcot resorts(Beach, Yacht, Boardwalk, Swan,Dolphin) are the best located hotels at Disney. SO you can't go wrong with any of them.

Raye3201
03-28-2007, 11:41 PM
I think it depends on what you are looking for - ie. what kind of atmosphere you prefer. The beach club is a more casual, laid back atmosphere - still very deluxe but a comfortable feeling. It's great for families and children. It's our home resort and our favorite.

The Yacht club has a more formal 'club' like atmosphere - suited moreso to adults in my opinion. Even the lobby is more formal.

Both are terrific and both have SAB access which is the best. You really can't go wrong with either IMHO.:mickey:

moe513
03-29-2007, 08:59 AM
We have stayed at both and prefer the yc but not by very much. They are very similiar. The yc has more full balconys. The BC has a lot of standing only balconies.