PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs

Brenle
03-28-2007, 03:11 PM
We will be staying at Saratoga Springs in a couple of months. Is there a specific section you can recommend or better yet, room number? (Highly doubtful I know) We won't have a car and we know some of the buildings are quite a trek from the main pool area.

disneycouple2004
03-28-2007, 03:45 PM
We enjoyed Congress Park with a DD view
we also could see the pool ( not the main pool)
it was very nice and quiet, the pool was very relaxing, and the view was perfect of the lake and DD.:D

GreenBeetle
03-28-2007, 04:15 PM
We really enjoyed The Springs a few months back. It's the closest group of buildings to the main pool, food court and gift shop - and a bus stop just outside.

Have a look at the property map here on Intercot to get a better idea of what best suits your needs.

Have fun!! And by the way . . . . Welcome to Intercot! :rocks:

JoDisney
03-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I know Polygirl has stayed here with her family. She would be a good one to contact.

DVC2004
03-28-2007, 04:45 PM
We've stayed in Congress Park but we still needed a car to get to the restaurant/pool. In December we stayed in a newly opened building in the section called the Carousel (it was so new in fact when we got off at the wrong stop and I called the front desk they told me there was no such section/building/room!). It's probably on the map now. Our room was 7000-something. We had a bus stop right accross from us per our request. There is a resort shuttle that will take you to the main building/pool so it was great. Also it appeared to be the first bus stop so there was never any problems with filled buses or no seats and we were always the first to be left off at the end of the day. The Carousel :thumbsup: !

Brenle
03-28-2007, 09:27 PM
I did check out Saratoga's map and the Carousel section is very far away. We won't have a car. And taking an internal shuttle just to head to the pool or dinner isn't quite what I had imagined. If, however, that's where they place us, at least I'll know the buses won't be crowded. (There's a plus)

tomorrowschild
03-29-2007, 10:54 AM
We stayed in Congress Park and loved it. We had a great view of DTD. There is a nice quiet pool, and it is just at 5-7 minute walk to DTD. If you want to be closer to the main building I would go with another section. Congress Park is about a 10 minute walk from the main building. Have fun, it is a very nice resort.:mickey:

peemagg
03-29-2007, 06:01 PM
We stayed at Congress Park this past January, and loved it there. We didn't find the walk to the pool area and restaurants that bad at all. In fact we did this walk everyday, sometimes two times. We even walked it while dragging our luggage back to the front desk for check out. Didn't mind it one bit.