PDA

View Full Version : All Star Sports - Bball provided? Beach towels?

Melis
03-28-2007, 02:31 PM
THis is my first post but have been "lurking" for a while. We are going to stay at All Star Sports 5/6-12. My 4 yr old is a major sports fanatic and basketball is his fave. Do they have courts at the resort? Somewhere to just shoot around? If so, do we need to pack a ball or do they provide those? Also, do we need to bring beach towels on our trip - for pool at resort as well as for the waterparks - or are towels provided poolside? Thank you so much!

offwego
03-28-2007, 03:10 PM
THis is my first post but have been "lurking" for a while. We are going to stay at All Star Sports 5/6-12. My 4 yr old is a major sports fanatic and basketball is his fave. Do they have courts at the resort? Somewhere to just shoot around? If so, do we need to pack a ball or do they provide those? Also, do we need to bring beach towels on our trip - for pool at resort as well as for the waterparks - or are towels provided poolside? Thank you so much!

While they do have hoops at all star sports they are gigantic oversized ones. And I can't recall any normal ones. (mind you are trip was a long timeago).

Poolside towels are avaliable at the resorts, however if your swimming later at night it might be better to just ask housekeeping for extra for your room and take them back with you that way.

The waterparks have towels to rent ($1.00) but none to just have. So you could bring from home for that if you wanted to. (we've always just rented them)

Welcome to intercot and happy planning!!:mickey:

goofiecrazy
03-28-2007, 03:15 PM
We always bring the beach towels from and use them at the pools and water parks.The towels they have are little.Bath towels.

Belle1217
03-28-2007, 07:59 PM
I was there in Dec 06 and I had to bring my own towels to the pool. You can use the ones from your room and then ask mousekeeping to bring you new ones. I think it's just easier to bring your own. I'm not sure about the basketball court but I did not seen one. Have fun:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
03-29-2007, 05:29 PM
The main pools at the moderate and deluxe resorts do provide towels at the pool, but you would have to bring extra towels from the room if you are going to the main pool at the value resorts or to a quiet pool at any resort. :)

I'm don't recall if they have actual basketball courts at All Star Sports, but I know they have an area themed around basketball. Is that where you requested to stay?

Jerry2
03-29-2007, 08:18 PM
There aren't basketball courts. The only real place to play sports is on the Football field. They sell several kinds of balls including footballs in the gift shop that you can throw around.

At the values they tell you to use your room towels at the pool and ask housekeeping for extras. On our last trip at the Pop, housekeeping left a cart full of towels on the ground floor as you walked out of the elevator everyday so you were able to grab one as you went to the pool.

PhilHarHarMagic
03-29-2007, 08:21 PM
When we were at the POP a few weeks ago they left the carts with clean towels at the elevator entrance. There was no problem getting towels, but they aren't available poolside at the value resorts.

LudwigVonDrake
03-30-2007, 07:53 AM
:welcome:

and have a GREAT trip :tink:

Mickey'sGirl
03-30-2007, 08:55 AM
There aren't basketball courts. The only real place to play sports is on the Football field. They sell several kinds of balls including footballs in the gift shop that you can throw around.

Actually -- they do -- as offwego said -- they are just huge oversized ones. We stayed in Hoops in January (and it was a really terrific stay -- great service -- clean rooms -- really great). They don't provide balls, but my boys did spend some time throwing (or trying to throw!) a ball into the giant hoops. Plenty of other children were doing likewise. I'm sure your son will love his stay at Sports! :thumbsup:

Jerry2
03-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Actually -- they do -- as offwego said -- they are just huge oversized ones. We stayed in Hoops in January (and it was a really terrific stay -- great service -- clean rooms -- really great). They don't provide balls, but my boys did spend some time throwing (or trying to throw!) a ball into the giant hoops. Plenty of other children were doing likewise. I'm sure your son will love his stay at Sports! :thumbsup:

I stand corrected, but I condidered those hoops as icons rather than basketball courts. They’re huge. I don't think a 4 year old could throw anything that high. Here is a pic…

http://goflorida.about.com/cs/disneyworld/l/blphoto_wdwspr1.htm

I agree with Mickey'sGirl, your son will love the sports. Mine does.

Melis
03-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the answers! I guess if there's room we may pack towels for the waterparks. Nice to know towels are provided at the resort at least. Yes, we did request a room at hoops. I am glad to hear some nice comments about the hotel b/c some of the things I've been reading were scaring me. My son really wants to stay at this resort so I figured might as well go ahead and save some money too.
Melissa

Jerry2
03-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the answers! I guess if there's room we may pack towels for the waterparks. Nice to know towels are provided at the resort at least. Yes, we did request a room at hoops. I am glad to hear some nice comments about the hotel b/c some of the things I've been reading were scaring me. My son really wants to stay at this resort so I figured might as well go ahead and save some money too.
Melissa

Honestly I cant think of a better choice for a four year old boy who's a sports fan. My son wasn't too much older than that the first time we went to the Sports. Her turned 14 a few days ago and it's still his favorite. The Moderates and Deluxes are more comfortable for Mom and Dad but a lot of the little ones seem to love the values.

wendy*darling
04-01-2007, 12:30 AM
I guess if there's room we may pack towels for the waterparks. Nice to know towels are provided at the resort at least.

Another idea is to purchase beach towels at the resort or water park. They make a nice souvenir you can use at home too.
Just make sure you have room to pack them for the trip home. ;)