PDA

View Full Version : Video Taping Question

Dyanna
03-28-2007, 01:43 PM
If I am on a ride (ex: It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion etc) with my daughter, would I be able to video her experience on the ride with my camcorder?

DizneyRox
03-28-2007, 02:01 PM
If I am on a ride (ex: It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion etc) with my daughter, would I be able to video her experience on the ride with my camcorder?
Video lighting is not allowed on most rides. But in general you are free to video just about anything. It might be tough to video her on those rides though. You will be seated right next to her which doesn't make for an entertaining video in most cases.

CleveSJM
03-28-2007, 02:36 PM
You can video just no extra visible light source. If you have a low light setting on your camera, then you should use that.

With my camera's low light setting, all my videos look like I took them at the Haunted Mansion...

DizneyRox
03-28-2007, 02:49 PM
You can video just no extra visible light source. If you have a low light setting on your camera, then you should use that.

With my camera's low light setting, all my videos look like I took them at the Haunted Mansion...
Actaully I would caution against using the night vision option available on many camcorders. Many of the on ride monitoring cameras use IR light to illuminate the scenes for the camera to "see". Your camcorder is probably also emitting a IR light under that mode and can cause problems for those monitoring the rides.

I've got some video of Dinosaur and there are all sorts of hot spots on the video that are not there under normal lighting. I'm assuming that it's the IR sources for the monitoring cameras.

LarryBoy
03-29-2007, 10:42 AM
I never use the Night Shot on my video camera because it looks like something out of Blair witch Project, but you can still get some really good video using your regular settings. The only ride that is way too dark is HM. I've had no luck in there. Most "dark rides" will have scenes that provide more light than others. Just take lots of footage and then edit it out later. What I do if I want to film is put my wife and son in a seat behind me and I will turn around and get some great shots. Of course then it's good to put them in front and get footage from behind them. Sorry:blush: I'm a bit of a video geek.

Allysmom
03-29-2007, 01:09 PM
We taped several rides last year, including It's a Small World. We just sat a bit further away to do it. Also, we rode the teacups with her, Daddy did the spinning and I just focused the camera on her. It is so funny to watch her squealing the whole time. And we also taped her while we were all on Big Thunder Mtn Railroad. Just hold on tight to the camera!