PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Airlines seats question...

JessicaRabbit
03-28-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm hoping someone can clue me in on this... We are going to WDW in April and I have already booked our tickets with Southwest. My Mom told me that 24 hours before our trip I need to log onto the Southwest website to pick seats. My question is do I have to do the same for our return trip? How do I manage this from WDW? Can I call instead of using the internet? :confused: As you can see I'm a novice at trip planning.
Thanks!:mickey:

tony2979
03-28-2007, 01:43 PM
We had the very same question on our trip last Sept.

Yes....You do have to print boarding passes for your return trip 24 hrs prior.

Now for the good news.......We were staying at POP, so I went to the concierge desk and asked if there was somewhere I could use a computer to print our boarding passes. 30 seconds later I had our boarding passes as she pulled up the website, took my info, and printed them out for me. I'm sure all resorts will do the same.

mrp4352
03-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Remeber, you won't be picking actual seats, just getting your boarding passes so you'll know which boarding group you're in. SWA boards in three groups - once you're on the plane, just find the seat that looks the most comfy to you and take it! ;)

If you're not trying to catch a connecting flight - I recommend going to the back of the plane, those seats don't fill in quite as fast and you might end up with more 'elbow' room than you would in the front of the plane.

Have a lovely trip!

mudpuppysmom
03-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Also, if you want to check in using your cell phone you CAN do that too, then print your boarding passes when you get to the airport. The closer to the 24 hr mark you check in, normally the better boarding group you get (they have A, B, and C groups -- A's boarding first -- well, after the pre boarders).

Hope this helps!

faline
03-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Southwest does not assign seats. The reason you need to get a boarding pass exactly 24 hours in advance is because your boarding pass will assign you to Group A, Group B, or Group C. When you get to the airport, you'll see several sections roped up - one for A, one for B, and one for C. You need to get in line for the section that has your group on it. If you logged on and gotten your boarding pass as your mom suggests, you'll have an "A" boarding pass.

Having and "A" pass doesn't mean you'll be first on the plane. Generally, Southwest will do preboarding (those who need extra help or who have small childre) followed by "A" then "B" and finally "C". Each person who boards gets to pick whichever open seat appeals to them.

Thus, if you have a "C" boarding pass and board at the very end of the "C" line, you may find you're not able to sit with the rest of your party and you might not like your seats very much.

The last time we were in Disney Workd, we just went to Guest Relations at the Magic Kingdom (the park we happened to be in) and they printed the boarding passes for us for our trip home. Just be sure you have your reservation number with you!

JessicaRabbit
03-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I was very confused as to what to do and you all have really cleared this up for me! We're staying at the Poly, so I'm sure someone there can help me print my boarding passes.

Thanks again!:mickey:

thrillme
03-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Print your boarding passes 24 hours before you leave and most hotels and print these for you at the front desk or at a kiosk nearby.

The A's and B's are pretty assured to get to sit with their party the C's become rather "risky" but usually Southwest stewards do a pretty good job at working with people to rearrange. I'll gladly take a middle seat to sit next to my son. I know if I'm flying alone for business or otherwise I have no problem moving whereever to get families together. I could care less about getting the cherished "overhead compartment" space. Under the seat in front of me is fine.

2Epcot
03-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Also, if you want to check in using your cell phone you CAN do that too, then print your boarding passes when you get to the airport.

That is exactly what I did on my last trip to WDW. I logged into the Southwest site on my cell phone and checked in online. I was actually in the Animal Kingdom when I checked in. I printed out my boarding passes when I got to the airport. I fly Southwest most of the time. When I've been in Vegas I go to the business center of one of the hotels and print the boarding pass, but that cost money.

Disney Chick
05-06-2007, 02:24 AM
My mom actually is going with us and she lives around 8hrs away, problem is she has no printer. I could print it for her but I could'nt get it for her. What else can she do?

kakn7294
05-06-2007, 06:16 AM
My mom actually is going with us and she lives around 8hrs away, problem is she has no printer. I could print it for her but I could'nt get it for her. What else can she do?

You can check in for her and she can get her actual boarding pass printed at the airport when she arrives. That way, she'll be assured of being in the same boarding group as the rest of the party.

mickey&missy
05-06-2007, 09:00 AM
You don't actually pick seats, but seating group A, B or C. But, if you have kids under a certain age, I can't remember how young sorry, you can get on before they start general seating.

They can print you boarding passes for you at hotel, they know all about it! I also believe they will do it for you at guest services in the parks, but check when you get there just in case I'm wrong!

Good luck!