PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay the night before

tink2006
03-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Have you ever decided to arrive the day before your WDW reservations? If so, where do you stay? We did this several years ago when our DS was younger. I was thinking about doing this again this August. I would like a hotel that is close to WDW/ DTD area but not too expensive.

Any suggestionsuld be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

MsMin
03-28-2007, 11:23 AM
We've stayed @ a motel on hwy 192 in 2004. I think it was quality in. We drive in so I just pick up a travel magazine and get a room @ a discount from the booklet. You can't have a ressie w/ that coupon but haven't had a problem getting a room.I think that room was 35.99 @ the time. In Aug. 2005 my dd and I stayed @ the LaQuinta on International Drive w/ the same type coupon. That room was 39.95. The free breakfast was much better:D
Recently we have just been getting a room @ one of the value resorts under a separate ressie so that it doesn't have tickets or the DDP. That was 79.99 a night but very convenient.

CanadianWDWFan
03-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Recently we have just been getting a room @ one of the value resorts under a separate ressie so that it doesn't have tickets or the DDP. That was 79.99 a night but very convenient.
This is what we did last summer. It was nice to be on property already. Plus you can have your luggage transferred to your next resort.

xipetotec
03-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Have you ever decided to arrive the day before your WDW reservations? If so, where do you stay? We did this several years ago when our DS was younger. I was thinking about doing this again this August. I would like a hotel that is close to WDW/ DTD area but not too expensive.

Any suggestionsuld be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

I don't think it'll be helpful to you, but I just think it's humorous. We're going down with my mother's Disney Vacation Club to the Beach Club Villas. But we're going down two days earlier. Where are we staying? Disney's All-Star Movies :D

JPL
03-28-2007, 11:44 AM
I got an economy room at The Grosvenor at DTD when I arrived it early it was very conveinent to cross the street and be at DTD :thumbsup:

DVC2004
03-28-2007, 12:03 PM
We also usually stay at the Values (Pop) for a night before stay. They are clean and good for the price. Once we stayed at a Red Roff offsite which was very inexpensive ($45) but it was not clean and in poor shape, so we don't do that any more.

King Triton
03-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Not sure when you're arriving, but if you get in late in the day, it isn't a bad idea to stay near the airport. If you're willing to try Priceline, you can often get very nice accommodations in the airport area for < $50 and most of the airport hotels have shuttles to MCO.

If your planning on using Magical Express, you could then take the hotel shuttle back to MCO and get on Magical Express for the ride into WDW.

tink2006
03-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks! I would have never thought to stay at a value. It sounds like a great idea.

battle beast
03-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Try a Super 8! They've always worked for me!

pox24
03-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Usually when we drive up a night earlier after work, POP Century we go. Our resident rate last time was $66.00. How good is that. Being a DVC Member, it's more worthwhile to spend the couple bucks for a bed nearby rather than using points for an arrival that is usually around 7:30pm.

tink2006
03-28-2007, 05:45 PM
I just went on the Disney site. Prices for one night, beginning of August, is $130.00 a night :confused: I was hoping for something a little more reasonable.
Any suggestions?

Donald A
03-28-2007, 09:05 PM
On our November trip, we stayed at the Best Western Resort at Downtown Disney. We had reservations for the Boardwalk Inn the next day. The room was about $100 a night but bigger and nicer than any deluxe we have stayed at. This made us able to enjoy Downtown Disney and get us up and going the next day to check our luggage and get our tickets making us able to enjoy a park and check in to our WDW resort room later in the afternoon. It saved us about $200 had we stayed at the Boardwalk the night of our arrival plus with the dining plan they make you buy for each night you are there so we saved even more money with that.

I will close by saying, the DTD hotel and off site hotel experience just doesn't compare to the resort hotels to me. I think the primary issue is Disney transportation that you can only use onsite.