PDA

View Full Version : Hoop-Dee-Doo....Tier 3 in the balcony?

KevGuy
03-28-2007, 10:22 AM
I am going to Disney for the first time with my family April 12th and we are using the dining plan. So needless to say we set up a lot of dining reservations and one of them was for Hoop-Dee-Doo. Unfortunately we could only get Tier 3 seating in the balcony for the 5pm show on the day we are doing that. Is it bad up there in the balcony and can you still see the show without a broken neck? Will my kids (6 & 9) be able to see ok? I figured that since it is our first time at Disney we should just do it anyway when they told me only Tier 3 was available, I figured that something is better than nothing considering how many people don't get to go to a dinner/resturant when they want and we got the time desired we wanted. What are your opinions and has anyone sat in Tier 3, what were your experiences there. I am hoping that the kids will still be able to see well. Someone on another board mentioned that the cast members sometimes come up there too, is that true? Thanks and sorry of this was already covered in another post already. I am so excited to be going with my kids and EVERYONE I know that has gone has told me this is a must do at Disney.:thumbsup:

lovenmickey
03-28-2007, 10:31 AM
we ate there last March for our trip and I can tell you that the cast did go up on the balcony several times during the show and kept everyone involved. I hope this helps!

May524
03-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Our seats in january were on the side of the balcony. We could see GREAT! The chairs just swung around when we wanted to watch the show. The cast did come up whenever they did guest interactions. Very fun! :party:

busterthebronco
03-28-2007, 12:42 PM
actually the balcony is fun!

Belle_0717
03-28-2007, 12:53 PM
We were at the HDDR in February. I thought the balcony seats were better than the floor. You are up high and can see everything going on. My DH and I were at the middle table directly in front of the stage. It was annoying to keep turning around to see what was going on. I would have prefered to be in the balcony.

Lehman Family
03-28-2007, 01:46 PM
My wife and I sat in the balcony on our honeymoon. The view is good because there aren't really any seats far enough from the stage to be bad. They entertainers go out into the crowd a couple times during the show and they usually make it up to the balcony. Plus you don't have to turn around all the time to watch the show when the entertainers are moving through the crowd. The past time we went and had a good time as usual, but turning around all the time to find what was going on was almost dizzying at times.

PeterPan
03-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Don't worry, you are going to love the balcony. There is a lot of "freedom" in the room - the actors will actually come up there where you are. Your kids can shift around to get a better view. What a great show - it's a Disney classic - have fun!

grumpypima
03-28-2007, 05:11 PM
We sat in the balcony last summer. We are a family of four: DH, DS-16, DS-4, and me. We really liked the balcony because we could look down and see everything going on below. DS-4 could see everything, where as if we were seated on the main floor, he may not have been able to see over people. The actors do come up to the balcony to interact with guests. The “spot light man” (not sure of proper terminology) put the light on DS-4. He loved it! We really had a good time that night…:)

DizneyRox
03-28-2007, 07:45 PM
We too prefer the balcony to the floor. I'm not sure why it would be considered Tier 3 seating.

KevGuy
03-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Yea, I agree it sounds like it will be fantastic so not sure but that is what they told me. Thanks to everyone for their comments.:thumbsup:

DizneyRox
03-30-2007, 12:13 AM
Yea, I agree it sounds like it will be fantastic so not sure but that is what they told me. Thanks to everyone for their comments.:thumbsup:
What they told you is the truth, it's Tier 3. I just don't understand why they consider those the "cheap" seats, other than maybe you need to go upstairs. Someone somewhere decided that front and center in Tier 1, back of the theater on the frst floor is Tier 2 and upstairs is Tier 3. (I think Tier 2 and 3 somewhat overlap actually). In reality, there isn't a bad seat in the house.

Enjoy, it's my favorite dinner at WDW. We usually do it at least once per trip, sometimes two.

Natazu
03-30-2007, 04:22 AM
Hoop-Dee-Do is one of the shows that the tier 3 seating is pretty good. I wouldn't worry about it.

KevGuy
03-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Yea, we're all getting excited and looking forward to it, only 13 days till we leave for Disney!! :mickey:

GoofyFan3
03-30-2007, 11:04 PM
The first time we went DS7 at the time, loved the balcony seats. I ask for the balcony seats now. We will be there on the 29 of April, in the balcony.