PDA

View Full Version : I'm going in Aug.

dizne4me
03-28-2007, 09:35 AM
I just got SW tickets for $49. one way . I know these tickets usually go fast - so I made sure I got in on it. I'm going to WDW in Aug. -- Party of 6 - What can I expect of the crowds and the weather around the 15th? Also, I've never flown SW before - I wondering what to expect. Thanks for all your advice

SBETigg
03-28-2007, 10:06 AM
My husband isn't a big fan of Southwest because of the way they assign seats at check in. But I enjoy flying Southwest. I'm happy to sit anywhere, so the seating is no big deal, and I've always had good service and nice flight experiences. Especially for that price!

In August, crowds are heavy as the month begins and dwindle to moderate as the month passes, with moderate to low crowds by the end of the month. The heat is high, with thick, sticky humid air. But I love August. I enjoy heat. I'm going in August this year, too. Happy planning!

c&d
03-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Hi, it will be hot and humid with the passing thunderstorm during the day. But if you are prepared it won't be a problem. When we went last August we would hang around the pool or water parks during the day. We would head over to the parks late afternoon or early evening. We took advantage of all the EMH night hours.

The crowds weren't that bad during the week, weekends were a little more crowded.

Have a wonderful time.

King Triton
03-28-2007, 12:57 PM
I'll also be there in August. Mid-August is about when you see the crowds drop off a bit. You may also notice that the park hours drop off a little too, but they're still pretty good.

It will be hot and humid. Interestingly, I've found the heat/humidity combination to be at its worst not in mid-afternoon, but late morning. Maybe I'm imagining things...

There are often t-showers anywhere from early to late afternoon, and most days you'll probably have them. Usually they're pretty intense, but don't last long. And they're often concentrated in a small area. One time it was raining like crazy in AK, drove to MK...they didn't get a drop.

The main thing with Southwest is to make sure you do your online checkin as close to 24 hours in advance as you can. There are plenty of other posts that explain the A, B, C system, so I won't go into it here. The staff at Southwest may be the friendliest of any airline. I think you'll enjoy the ride.