PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

PracticallyPerfectMollie
03-28-2007, 09:23 AM
What is the world like the weekend and the week leading up to thanksgiving? I've never been other than summer or spring break and we are considering doing something different this year. If there is discussion elsewhere on the boards about this topic, feel free to direct me there. Thanks!

Strmchsr
03-28-2007, 09:38 AM
The question has been asked plenty of times, so a search for "Thanksgiving" will give you plenty of other opinions. However, a quick synopsis:

Thanksgiving is quite crowded. The week leading up to it starts off moderate in the crowds, but by Wednesday the crowds are fairly heavy and Thanksgiving Day through Sunday sees heavy crowds. Not Christmas or Easter crowded, but still large crowds. If you're looking for an option for not taking kids out of school, this is probably the best one. If you're just looking for a different time of year, September, early November, or January would be preferable.

jodijo
03-28-2007, 09:43 AM
We use to go during spring and summer also. Then a few years ago we went for Thanksgiving. We loved it. It is busy (Not as bad as spring break) but beautiful. All of the Christmas decorations are out. Now, we only go at Thanksgiving time. Hope that helps!

goofiecrazy
03-29-2007, 09:32 AM
We spent thanksgiving 04 in the world.We got there the friday before and the crowds that weekend were busy the week was crowded but not like it is in the summer.We spent thanksgiving day over in Sea World and i have never seen that park so empty before i was shocked.We had a great time plus the xmas stuff was up as well in the parks.

mousetrapper
04-02-2007, 12:54 PM
We are also going that same week!

This is the first time we'll be doing the week leading up to Thanksgiving, so I'm nervous about the crowds.

However, as has been said, it's probably the best choice for those of us who don't want to let their kids miss too much school. It wasn't as much of an issue when our two DDs were younger, but with the oldest in high school (she'll be a junior when we go this Nov.), it's just too stressful for her to make up all the work.