PDA

View Full Version : Grad/Birthday Trip

slt21
03-27-2007, 10:44 PM
(I'll try to make this brief...I have a tendency to ramble.)

I have both a birthday and my high school graduation in early June; so, as my present, my aunt is paying for a two night trip to Disney for myself and my two best friends. I've been to Disney many times, but never for celebrating something like this.

We'll be going during the week in one of the first two weeks of June. We can only do one park, and we're planning on EPCOT (we did MK together a couple years ago). As I said, we'll be staying for two nights. We'll be staying in either a Value or Moderate.

Anywho, I'd appreciate absolutely any advice that you have to offer (seriously), but especially
advice pertaining to a fun way to celebrate, while keeping in mind the time constraints and also keeping a decent budget - my friends are both in high school and without jobs, and I'm already part-time at college and it's taking its toll on my bank account. So, with that in mind, is there anything fun, special, unique, etc., to celebrate my birthday/graduation without breaking the bank?

And again, any other advice is great, too!

Thanks a bunch in advance!

faline
03-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Be sure to stop by and get a birthday button to wear!

I'd suggest a character meal to celebrate. You could try Liberty Tree Tavern or Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends.

Another option is dinner at O'Hana's. Follow this with a walk along the beach at the Poly to see the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant.

Here are some other ideas for celebrating a birthday (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp)at Disney World!

I haven't seen much about celebrating a graduation but I think you can generally follow the same advice for celebrating birthdays. I've occasionally seen some graduation merchandise in the parks.

DisneyDudet
03-29-2007, 02:41 PM
If you were to do a birthday meal, I suggest doing either a late breakfast (that could count for breakfast and lunch) or a late lunch ( which can be lunch and dinner). Both meals are cheaper than dinner. Plus that gives you an opportunity to get a yummy snack!

Like Faline said, get a birthday button. I'm a 23 year old girl and still have all my birthday buttons.

Going in June, you will want to get to the park early. If you to choose to do Epcot, I suggest getting there about 30 min before park opening and walk the rope to Soarin. At that point you can choose whether you want to just do standby w/ little wait, get a FP and do it later, or both!

You will have to deal with crowds. They will be heavy, as summer has started. Just stay hydrated, bring your own water bottles, snacks (esp breakfast items to save money there). The CS meals are big enough for my dad and I to share, so thats an option.

Most of all, have fun. I got all sorts of Disney trips for graduating (class did a Disney Cruise and then had a trip from my family).

Enjoy your time, if you've been many times, I'm sure you'll know how to enjoy yourself!