PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express Question

shecky66
03-27-2007, 10:31 PM
We'll be there for (4) nights in August after a stay in Tampa.

Heading home to NJ on the 28th.

Are we entitled to the Magical Express back to the airport?

If so, how does it work and is it really free?

Strmchsr
03-28-2007, 07:58 AM
If you are staying at a Disney resort, then, yes, you can use DME back to the airport, and, yes, it is really free (well, I'm sure Disney makes the guests pay for it in various ways, but there's no extra charge on your bill for DME).

Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/magicalexpress/default.asp) for the DME page in Info Central for the low down on how it all works. If you have any other questions, fire away.

faline
03-28-2007, 07:59 AM
It sounds like you are asking if you can use Magical Express one way. If this is the question, the answer is you can as long as you are flying out of Orlando which is the only airport served by Magical Express and as long as you are staying at an eligible Disney World resort hotel for the 4 nights you mention.

You do need to book your space on the bus in advance. It's easy to do. Here's all the information you should need about Magical Express (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/magicalexpress/default.asp).

If you are flying on a participating airline, you should also be able to check your luggage at your resort.

There is no additional charge to use Magical Express.

CleveRocks
03-28-2007, 01:43 PM
We'll be there for (4) nights in August after a stay in Tampa.

Heading home to NJ on the 28th.

Are we entitled to the Magical Express back to the airport?

If so, how does it work and is it really free?

Here are the criteria for using DME:
registered guest at a WDW owned-and-operated resort
ride from MCO to your resort on your day of check-in
ride from your resort to MCO on your day of check-out
have advance reservations for DME

Strmchsr
03-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Here are the criteria for using DME:
registered guest at a WDW owned-and-operated resort
ride from MCO to your resort on your day of check-in
ride from your resort to MCO on your day of check-out
have advance reservations for DME

This is a little confusing, so let me clarify, you do NOT have to ride both to and from the airport. You can do a one way only reservation. From Info Central's DME FAQ:

Can a Guest book a one-way airport transfer (to or from)?
Yes.

Can a Guest book return transportation to the airport while on property?
Yes; guests can book return transportation to the airport by calling Disney’s Magical Express Guest Service. The Resort Front Desks will have a communication card with the phone number to hand to the Guest.

What Cleverocks' statement is correct about is that you have to actually ride the bus, meaning you can't do a luggage only transfer. All your other questions should be answered at the links provided above (which Faline and I apparently posted at exactly the same moment).

vamaggie
03-28-2007, 06:38 PM
I have not been able to find this answer so here goes: We are renting a car and staying at Poly. Can we use the resort check in to check our luggage for our return trip to MCO and get our boarding passes at the resort(or are we out of luck since we are not using ME?) Thanks

Piglet822
03-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Ok, let me step in here and add to the confusion. (Not really, I hope I can help)
You can use DME one way going back to MCO. You can actually call and book it the night before. Keep in mind that you do need a voucher to board the bus. If you don't have one be sure to stop by bell services before leaving and ask for a replacement DME voucher. This will save some time and headache when the bus arrives.
For the return to MCO you can use the luggage check in service even if you are not using DME. This is because the luggage service is operated separately from DME. It is only on inbound flights (flying in to MCO) that you have to ride the bus in order to use the luggage service.
So. Did I help? Or did I add to the confusion?

Ed
03-28-2007, 08:16 PM
So. Did I help? Or did I add to the confusion?

Yes.

;)

Piglet822
03-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Yes.

;)

Thank you :bow: