PDA

View Full Version : Turndown service at AKL

TexasPrincessAurora
03-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Quick question about turn down service at the AKL, in a non-concierge room...Does it work similar to other deluxe resorts, in that you have to call to schedule it and it is not guaranteed? Can you call and request it for the duration of your stay or do you need to call each day to request it?

Thanks so much!

TammiMcMan
03-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Sometimes it's done automatically in non-club level rooms, but not always. To be on the safe side, I would call housekeeping after you check in and make arrangements. You should be able to tell them that you'd like it for your entire stay and not have to call them daily. It's not guaranteed for non-club level rooms either, it really depends on their staffing.

Goofy Dad 13
04-02-2007, 03:14 PM
On our last trip we were able to request it for the length of the trip. We received it every night, but as said prior, not guaranteed.

Carol
04-02-2007, 06:29 PM
It must be up to mousekeeping. We requested turn-down service for our length of stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge and never received it once. I called again the second night to request it again. Still nothing. I didn't ask a third time. Why bother??

TexasPrincessAurora
04-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Carol,

Thanks for sharing your experiences too. We had such great ones at the Poly last year. We just asked the first night and received it our whole stay. Guess we'll see what happens at AKL.

Lori