PDA

View Full Version : Going to WDW by myself

mouse2508
03-27-2007, 08:25 PM
I am at a loss as where to stay. I am going to WDW :cloud9: by myself in October for 6 days. (One day will be spent shopping and the last day recovering from MNSSHP) I am needing help on where to stay. We usually stay at Wilderness Lodge. I am also needing advise on going by myself regarding dining and rides. Thanks so much everyone for your help.:mickey:

Touchdown
03-27-2007, 08:43 PM
While I have never gone to WDW by myself, I have frequently gone to other amusment parks by myself so some general ideas:

-First of all the best thing about going alone is that you can do, whatever you want to do, remember it, live it.

-In longer lines I tend to strike up conversations with those around me to help the time go by, you would be suprised with how receptive people are in that situation to talking. Try it.

-Use the single rider line at any ride tha offers it

-For meals, I dont suggest sit down resturants unless you have something to keep you entertained while your food is cooked (TV, Show, etc) because otherwise it gets mighty boreing.

-Show up for parades/fireworks at the last moment, there is allways a good spot somewhere for one.

-As for a hotel, I would probably still stay onsite, in fact if you can afford I would suggest one of the Monorail resorts because of how convienent they are (and its cheaper for one then for a family to stay there.)

faline
03-28-2007, 08:13 AM
-As for a hotel, I would probably still stay onsite, in fact if you can afford I would suggest one of the Monorail resorts because of how convienent they are (and its cheaper for one then for a family to stay there.)

I'm not sure how this is true. You still have to pay for the room and the cost would be the same regardless of whether you have one individual or four sharing the room.

I, too, would recommend you stay on site. Location, I think, depending upon your pocketbook and personal preferance. For 1, I would think that any of the value resorts would suffice.

For dining, you might want to try some of the group experiences - Teppanyaki in Japan or Biergarden in Germany - where you're seated at a table with others. Other solo travelers have also suggested dining at the bar where you could enjoy talking with the bartender. Places where this is possible include the Prime Time Lounge at Disney Studios and, I believe, this is also possible at California
Grill. Other than that, dining, again, is based upon your personal preferences and you shouldn't have any problems whether you choose table service or counter service. Personally, I have no problem dining at a table service eatery by myself - I just bring along a book.

For rides, just go on any that appeal to you. When they ask "How many?" just say "1" No problem! It may also work to your advantage on rides that have single rider lines or when cast memebers start to poll those in line for small groups of 1 or 2 to fill seats!

Enjoy!

caryrae
03-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Maybe try some kind of behind the scenes tour or I hear the Segway tour in Epcot is really fun. I know some rides have a single riders only line.

Marilyn Michetti
03-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Gosh, that sounds like fun ! I would do it in a heartbeat if I didn't need DH as my nurse as well as my best friend. He's soooo accomodating, that sometimes I wonder if he's having as much fun as he deserves to have, or just making sure I do.
Sit down meals aren't that big a deal on vacation, because we have date night every week. I could just grab a burrito or hot dog and eat it on the street.

Perfect scenario - popcorn or an ice cream - just sitting on the big porch by the flag on Main St. watching the World.:thumbsup:

Crow
03-29-2007, 12:27 AM
ive done solo lots of times, sleep in if u want, go where u want, eat where u want...
my fav resorts are WL
POFQ
POP
and this upcoming trip ill b solo again at CSR.
i use the buses, no car
and i eat mostly at Epcot, but other places too. ive eaten at most of the places at WS
a tour is a good idea.