PDA

View Full Version : See WDW by satellite!

castlegirl
03-27-2007, 07:47 PM
I don't know if you know about this, but I found another fun way to "see" WDW:mickey:

Go to Google and select Maps to search. Type in any address in WDW. You'll get a map of WDW. Then click on the link for "Satellite". You get an actual aerial satellite photograph of Walt Disney World!

I tried "Seven Seas Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL" as my map search. Lo and behold, the map took me right to the Poly! You can manipulate the screen to travel around WDW. You can see WS in Epcot, the Mickey head at the racetrack, the tree of life in AK. It's SO cool!

Have fun exploring:cloud9:

Brian
03-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Have you checked out Microsoft's satellite imagery? They also include some pretty incredible closeups of Walt Disney World. To see the closeups, select the "Aerial" image button when it is available. Their site is local.live.com.

kai2234
03-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Have you checked out Microsoft's satellite imagery? They also include some pretty incredible closeups of Walt Disney World. To see the closeups, select the "Aerial" image button when it is available. Their site is local.live.com.

With local.live.com, not only is the standard "aerial" view available, but the "bird's eye view" also exists for many areas of the US (including most of WDW). Very cool stuff. :thumbsup:

disneyfan1124
03-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks! Both sites are very cool! Google is a bit slower to load the pix, but these are great sites to help you feel a little closer to "home!" Thanks so much for sharing!

Eeyore3138
03-28-2007, 08:18 AM
With local.live.com, not only is the standard "aerial" view available, but the "bird's eye view" also exists for many areas of the US (including most of WDW). Very cool stuff. :thumbsup:

My sister just showed me this site the other day. You can actually type in "Epcot" or "Magic Kingdom." It was very cool to see Main Street and World Showcase from above and what is just on the other side of the buildings. It's so funny to see the cars and trailors and things that are so close but you can't see them!

ibrowse17
03-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Yes, I enjoy looking at all the parks across the planet. If you look just west of WDW, near highway 27, you will find a hidden mickey carved in to a field. Have fun...:thumbsup:

DizNee143
03-28-2007, 11:50 AM
these sites are great!! im looking at this while at work...i know i should wait until i get home..but its soooo cool!!! thank you for sharing this with me!!!! :mickey:

Figgyluv03
03-28-2007, 12:37 PM
The last time I was on Google Earth, it looked like World Showcase wasn't clear and you couldn't zoom in on it. I'll have to check out the other website to see if it's clearer on there. I found my old apartment on there from when I was a CM there. Right across from Mickey's retreat!

pdrlkr
03-28-2007, 07:14 PM
:waycool: