PDA

View Full Version : Newbie 3/10 - 3/17 trip report - Day 3

Ginger205b
03-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Day three we began at AK. Tried to get there for the 8:00 EMH but we were all so tired that we didn't get there until about 9:00. Again, DS took off to get four fast passes for EE. After catching up with him at Everest, we all ventured over to Dinoland and rode Dinosaur. Cool ride and not overly extreme so that DD would not enjoy it. After Dinosaur we went on the Primeval Whirl. I think this was DD's favorite ride in all of the World. It really tickled her giggle box. After the Whirl we went back over to EE. DD opted out of this ride so DS and DH rode it first then DS rode it again with me. LOVED this ride. At first I thought I was going to be disappointed because I had no clue the ride was much longer going backward than it was forward. Sure was a big Yeti!!:thumbsup: After Everest it was over to p/u fast passess for the Kilomanjaro Safari. Time for a quick snack and Tough to be a Bug. Over to p/u fast pass for Kali River Rapids then over to the ride Safari. Safari was kind of disappointing. The animals were not very active. After Safari it was time for lunch at Restaurantasaurus (packed!!!) but food was OK. After lunch it was back to ride Kali then to finish off the day AK we went to the Festival of the Lion King. Great show and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. This park was hard to plan without having to run all over the place all of the time. Quite a bit we didn't see but we had a great time. Had to leave about 3:00 to get back to clean up for dinner resis at Hollywood and Vine with the Fantasmic package. Food was good at H&V.....alot like Crystal Palace. Had a friend that is a Disney pro tell me to skip H&V and go with 50's PrimeTime.....that I wouldn't need the Fantasmic preferred seating because the crowds wouldn't be that bad in mid March. Boy was she WRONG!! Fantasmic was standing room only and many of those people had to get there 90 minutes early!! After dinner, we walked right in and had great seats with one of the water screens right in front of us!! Fantasmic was WONDERFUL!!. The only thing was DD was feeling a little squeamish and we had to leave after Fantasmic and didn't get to take advantage of EMH. :sick: Oh well, I think we all needed some rest anyway. Another great day at the World.

disneyfamily05
03-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Sounds liks you packed in a lot of fun! Hope DD ended up feeling ok!

Maleficent's Dad
03-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the AK report! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Sounds like another great day.

faline
03-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Glad to hear you had such a lovely Animal Kingdom day!

Christine
03-28-2007, 09:08 AM
I agree, Animal Kingdom really is hard to maneuver without walking back and forth all over...especially to use FPs.

Hope your DD gets to feeling better.

sleepingbooty
03-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Well, I said after your report on MGM that I hoped you'd make it back to see Fantasmic, so I'm glad to see you enjoyed it! Sounds like you managed to get quite a bit done at Animal Kingdom by 3:00!

mudpuppysmom
03-28-2007, 02:33 PM
You guys are doing such an AWESOME job seeing all that you are!!! I'll also agree that AK seems like you run from one side of the park to the polar opposite to do things though! It always seems like we make two or three loops around the park every time we go to do everything we want to accomplish!!

Hope DD is feeling better now.

pogo
03-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Another great Disney day !

I'm glad you wnet back for Fantasmic ! It is one of our favorite shows. :thumbsup:

I can't wait to read Day four. :D

pdrlkr
03-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: