PDA

View Full Version : Newbie 3/10 - 3/17 trip report - Day 2

Ginger205b
03-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Day two we started out at MGM studios and got there at opening. We were a little disappointed in this park. This was by far our least favorite but we still enjoyed it. It was nice having a seventeen year old son with us. It was his job to take our keys to the world with him as he ran ahead to get fast passess at the RnR. After he got the passess we rode the Tower of Terror. DD opted out of this ride so DS rode first with DH and then again with me. I think this was my favorite ride in all of the World. The theming and the darkness in the ride made it so exciting!! We then all went and rode RnR including my DD. She was not a happy camper when we got off this ride. I had no clue that the take off was so extreme. We had to make up for it so we made a special point to get a pressed penny from this ride so she could brag about having ridden it to the boys in our neighborhood. After RnR we met Stitch for autographs then Mickey and Pluto. Next we rode the Great Movie Ride. I thouroughly enjoyed this ride........lots of detail. Next it was on to the Stunt Show. There were some exciting moments but there was to much fluff IMHO. Then off to Sci-Fi for lunch resis. HUGE disappointment. The appetizers were OK but the entrees were NOT. The apple crisp was the WORST thing you could imagine!!! The only really good things were the shakes. Thank goodness for those. After lunch it was back to the resort for some chill out time....poolside. We went back to MK in the evening at about 7:00 for some EMH. First we got fast passes for Space Mountain and then we ventured over to Fantasy Land. We first went to Micky's Philharmagic. That was my DH's favorite attraction in WDW. We all like it too. We walked right on with no wait. Then it was over to Snow White, the Golden Carousel and Dumbo. We grabbed our EMH bracelets then went on to IASW. I was amazed at all of the detail in this ride... loved it. And yes, we were all singing that song the rest of the night. After IASW we went on to the Harbour House for dinner..... tasty fish and chips!!! After dinner we went back to Tomorrowland and tried out Buzz Lightyear. I do not play video games at all and I had the highest score coming out of there!!! I was so thrilled. My DS the video game junkie was not so thrilled but I had to rub it in a little. After Buzz, it was time for Space Mountain. It almost made us feel guilty walking past all those people in the stand by line with our fast passes. I think the standby time was about 80 minutes. Sheesh. We all enjoyed Space mountain including my DD who would never admit it though. After Space we saw some kids at the lunching pad from our home town. Their band had been there earlier in the day to march. After visiting we grabbed ice cream cones on Main street and made our way back to the resort. Another great day at the World.:mickey:

mudpuppysmom
03-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Sounds like you guys are having a great time!!

Oh, and you are new at this??? You sound like ole pros!!!

MartyS
03-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Sounds like y'all had a great time. We were there that same week, I think half of Texas was there. Every where I looked, I would see either an Orange UT cap or t-shirt or a maroon Texas A & M shirt. I think we did the same exact things in Disney MGM studios that y'all did. It's still kind of a half day park for us. My 9 year old daughter HAD to see the High School Musical pep rally while we were there.

Bethis26fan
03-27-2007, 08:40 PM
sounds like a great day

faline
03-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Fun day! The ride details are what keep bringing us back over and over! Each time, I think we see something we missed on a prior trip!

Christine
03-28-2007, 09:04 AM
Sounds like a great day! On to read more...

sleepingbooty
03-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks for sharing, sounds like another good day! MGM is also our least favorite park, but it's growing on me. I hope you make it back there for Fantasmic sometime, its a can't miss for sure!

pogo
03-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Another great day ! :thumbsup: On to read more. :D

pdrlkr
03-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: