PDA

View Full Version : Yeah......another Stroller Question

dizneyfreek
03-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Anyone Bring A Side By Side, Not A Double , To Disney? What Were Your Experiences. Still On The Fence On What To Bring. We Have 2 Daughters, Age 4 And 2.

kadesha
03-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Oh, there is no way I'd be lugging around a stroller like that!!! That would so horrible!!! Sure renting is expensive, but it's worth it for the convenience. I have a 2 and 3 year old, and I am 100% for renting, it's just easier.

kakn7294
03-27-2007, 07:20 PM
I don't have any experience with a purchased side-by-side double, but I have pushed around the rental doubles. If the purchased stroller is anything like the rentals, I would think it would be difficult (but not impossible) to push a side-by-side around the parks - it's not easy squeezing through the crowds with a huge stroller. I'm also not sure that a side-by-side double would fit within the size guidelines - strollers are to be no more than 36" wide and must fit through the gates at the entrances. If you have enough adults to push them, I recommend 2 umbrella strollers and you could always get the little device that makes them into a side-by-side double in case you need it (if you decide to split up or something) and only 1 adult would be left with both strollers.

ScottyP
03-28-2007, 09:26 AM
We took a side by side umbrella we bought at home when our girls were 2 and 4. It was as akward as any double stroller and we liked it better than renting for a few reasons. We stayed on site so we had the stroller with us for our walk back to the resort from the bus (the kids were always very tired at the end of the day). Plus it reclined for naps in the park and for occasions when the little one fell asleep at night before we were ready to leave. The plastic Disney strollers are not as comfortable for little ones.

samrstern
03-30-2007, 08:51 PM
I have found the Joovy Caboose stroller to be the perfect answer for our two kids, ages 4 and; will be 2 in september. This is a stroller that holds 2 kids- front can hold an infant carrier or any kid up to 50 lbs. The back is both a seat- with 3 point harness seatbelt, or a nice step/ bench that the child can sit, stand or kneel on. Total weight of children can be up to 100 pounds.
The front reclines, and it has a sunshade for both seats. It has a nice size storage basket underneath too.

It folds flat with one hand. It is about the same size as a typical stroller that hold an infant carrier seat. We have purchased 5 strollers, single and 3 styles of double in the last 2 years ranging in price from $70-$300. I have now given all of the others away and use only the Joovy caboose. You can get it online, I got mine at a local babies R us store. If you want red it has to be babies r us.
Every place I go people ask about it. Last September it worked great at Disney. We stayed at AKL and there was no way I was carrying our 11 month old through those halls and then renting at the parks. Check it out online.

Grumpy's Daughter
03-30-2007, 08:56 PM
We found that using two umbrella strollers with the clips was and is the best idea! This way, you have the stroller for that LONG walk back to your room, it can be pushed by one person, or, if it gets crowded, you can unclip them and push them as single strollers. Plus, if you've ever looked at the sea of rental strollers at ride exits, having your own, unique stroller is a bonus. We would never use anything different!