PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Seeds Tour

Jeff G
03-27-2007, 02:38 PM
My family is interested in taking this tour on our upcoming trip but we will have a 2 1/2 yr old and a 6 mon old in our group. I don't see an age requirement online besides that there is a charge for 3 and up.

Does anyone know if there is any age restrictions?

bradk
03-27-2007, 03:37 PM
no age restrictions, no no-camera policy. that said, it won't be age appropriate for a 2.5 year old or a 6 month old, so i'd reconsider taking the tour, especially considering you will be with other people and on stage (most of it is actually walking through the living with the land attraction)

dolphinmickey9170
03-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Here is a direct quote from the WDW website.....Children of all ages are encouraged to participate (must be accompanied by an adult); strollers are provided for small children.

We had a great time, even my teenagers liked it. Have a great time. Also, you get a discount of 15% if you show your AAA card.

mudpuppysmom
03-28-2007, 12:34 AM
I took DS on a whim when he had just turned 3. I thought maybe he was annoying to some, as we had a pretty diverse group of ages. At the end of the tour an older couple asked me how old DS was and when I told them they were surprised at how well behaved he was and how interested he was in EVERYTHING!! Our first stop was to see the bugs WDW breeds and each one of the kids received a small container with ladybugs in it to release later. We got to see LOTS of interesting things and the kids on the tour were really focused on, not so much the adults. At the end of the tour when the kids released their ladybugs DS kept picking up the ones that fell off the leaves to make sure they got to their new home OK.

He remembers this tour and each time we go into the pavilion he asks to go again -- so he had a good time, obviously!!! Last time we were there they were booked for the next two tours, so we'll have to try again when we go in a few weeks!!

The 2.5 year old should be ok, but the 6 mo old I don't think will get much, obviously. I would not let the 6 mo old age stop me though, I'd put em in the stroller and go!

allie_to_you
03-28-2007, 08:52 AM
It is a really fun tour! My DH & I did it last year on a whim after riding the living with the land ride. Of course, it is all walking and standing so our feet were tired, but we learned a lot and it was neat getting to see stuff you only get a glimpse of on the ride. I loved that we could take pictures all we wanted. I got some great shots! I think it took us about an hour & a half for the entire tour.

Dicecatt262
03-28-2007, 11:52 AM
I believe this tour is one of the best values at WDW. Excellent tour and many kids would find it fascinating. Having said that...unless you trust the 2.5 year old to behave, don't bring them. The 6th month old can be picked up, or fed, to be kept happy...but if the 2 year old is getting antsy, it is not fair for everyone else that paid for that tour to have to deal with that...I have 4 children, one is almost 2, and there is no way I'd bring her on that tour. She'd like the fish, and maybe see the ride go by and the bugs, but the plants would lose her interest quickly and she'd be sqwauking (I know I spelled that wrong!) and getting on everyone's nerves. This is a paid private tour, not a ride, and I think that they people that pay have a ride to enjoy it peacefully.