PDA

View Full Version : Made ADR's

Mnchknbrat1982
03-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Well today was finally the day I was able to make all my dining reservations. Well actually my travel agent made them I just supplied her with the list and times I was wanting.

22: none at the moment not sure what time we'll get to Orlando
-down town disney

23: Whispering Canyon Cafe at 5:40
-Magic Kingdom day
-Wishes fireworks at 8 pm

24: Sci Fi Diner at 6:30, just changed this to 6:00
-Animal Kingdom/MGM day
-Spectromagic parade/ or Fantasmic Show at 8 pm

25: Le Cellier at 7:10
-Epcot Day
-Illuminations at 9 pm

26: Coral Reef at 5:20
-MGM/Epcot
-Fantasmic Show at 8
-this is the only ADR I didn't get the time I was wanting, was wanting between 6:00 and 6:30

27: Chef Mickey's at 9:30 am
-Check out before heading to Chef Mickey's
-go resort hopping afterwards
-possible downtown disney

Please be honest with what you think about my adr's. Also if you would change any of the times let me know what time you would change them to. As I want to keep them all at dinner. But I also want to allow enough time to see the parades.

SBETigg
03-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Fantasmic is at MGM and it's actually a show. If you want to eat at Coral Reef (which can run long) and make it over to MGM in time for Fantasmic at 8, then you're much better off with the earlier reservation. As it is, you may be pressed for time. Also, Spectromagic is at the Magic Kingdom. You're going to have a tough race to get done in time and dash from Sci-Fi to the Spectromagic parade. This one you may want to rethink.

Your choices are all fine, and best wishes for a great vacation!

murphy1
03-27-2007, 02:34 PM
I would like to suggest Earl of Sandwich at DTD for your first day, it is really good and great for lunch or dinner, we had sandwiches and soup.

I feel like Sherri in that you might be pressed for time in looking at 26 and on 23 with going to MK all day then over to WC and then back to MK, that is a really long day if you are going early to the park, but if you like a break and are okay with a long day, then it's fine. I think your choices are good too. Also, think about Ohana, it is really good, I like it a lot better than WC (JMO), you are enough time out you could get a table I bet and it is nice to take the monorail and then zip back to MK.

Mnchknbrat1982
03-27-2007, 03:19 PM
before I change my Sci Fi ADR again how long does it normally take to get from Animal Kingdom to MGM and MGM to Magic Kindom? We probably won't be leaving AK until 5. But the plan is to go to MGM eat dinner at then go see Spectromagic at Magic then back to MGM for EMH.

murphy1
03-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Anywhere from 30 min to an hour is the norm.

tyandskyesmom
03-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Is SPectromagic not running on any other day while you are there?

I only ask because that is a lot of in and out and a tight fit on a couple of your days.

Any reason why you couldn't see Fantasmic on your Sci-fi night and Spectromagic on your Whispering Canyon day (might need an earlier ADR though) or squeeze it in on your Coral Reef night (which would be easier travel via Monorail from Epcot to MK).

Sounds like a lot of hopping to me otherwise, great dining choices!

Mnchknbrat1982
03-27-2007, 03:52 PM
The schedule I found here on Intercot only has spectromagic listed on the 24th at 8 pm and on the 27th which is the day we're leaving. So if we do spectromagic that is our only option.

SBETigg
03-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Also keep in mind that Spectromagic is a popular parade and people start filling up prime spaces of curb anywhere from an hour to two hours in advance. If you don't mind seeing it from further back with some heads in the way, cutting it close is fine. Otherwise, fill in some more time to pick a parade spot. The park gets very congested in the viewing areas and it's slow-going to get around. A 5 pm dinner might work but Sherry(TyandSkyesMom) has a good suggestion to switch the nights dining around a bit.

Or, perhaps plan an earlier pop in to Sci-Fi for an out-of-pocket snack and save your table service meal for someplace closer to the MK? Like 'Ohana for dinner? You could go before or after Spectro. By most accounts, the Sci-Fi isn't a great choice for dinner anyway, but I haven't been there to judge.

Mnchknbrat1982
03-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Well Sci Fi is the only one that my boyfriend requested. So I want to keep that. His cousin recommended it. Besides I am not making my decisions based on reviews everyone has different preferences when it comes to resturants.

Katiebell
03-27-2007, 09:18 PM
How many days are on your park tickets? Once you get to a certain number of days, it doesn't cost much at all to add another day. The reason I'm asking is if you know you will definitely be in Orlando on the 22nd, Spectromagic is also on at 8pm on the 22nd.

I agree with what most others have said. Your restaurant choices look wonderful and fun -- I'm more concerned about the intense schedule with no wiggle room and no travel time allotted.

I'm used to DL and when I first started making our plans, I didn't realize what a big deal park hopping would be. At DL, I'm used to walking from the DLH to DTD to DL to DCA. A lot of walking, but it can be done. WDW is huge, though -- and you will be relying on buses, boats, and a monorail system that everyone else is relying on, too, at dinner time and to get to those shows. After getting a better picture of things, I revamped our plans to pick one main park each day based on EMH, pick the show/s we wanted to see in that park, and planned our dinner ADR at or very near that park.

You've got one day at AK, then dinner at MGM at 6 pm, then trying to make it to MK for a parade that starts at 8 pm -- with people who've been taking up places since 6 or 7. I would say definitely keep Sci Fi since your BF requested it, but make it the night you plan to see Fantasmic, so you'll be right there at MGM. Trying to eat a relaxing dinner at Epcot at 5:20, then rushing like mad to make it to MGM for Fantasmic (where again, people will have been lining up for at least an hour) would be very stressful. And if you can't see Spectromagic on your arrival day the 22nd, then on the 24th, you might want to make that your MK day -- WCC isn't too far, if you had a fairly early dinner ADR, you could catch Spectromagic at 8 and Wishes at 9 -- maybe not the greatest "seat" for Wishes, but I understand you can see the fireworks pretty well from a lot of areas on Main Street.

Anyway, just a few thoughts. My birthday's on the 24th, and I can't be there, so celebrate for me, ok? :party:

Mnchknbrat1982
03-27-2007, 09:30 PM
well if we can't get it worked out on the 24th then we will just have to skip spectromagic this trip. We did see it last trip so its not a huge deal. Its just one of the bf's favorite parades. But we can't add any days onto our tickets as we'll be spending a couple days with his grandparents in Leesburg after we check out on the 27th. And we won't be getting to Orlando till sometime late afternoon/evening on the 22nd as we're driving down. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do everything with magic hours and everything.