PDA

View Full Version : Sept. with NO "Wonderful Weeks of Disney"?

KatGat
03-27-2007, 02:05 PM
I've always heard Sept. was low crowds, but I noticed on the WDW website that only the last day of sept. was marked as being part of the "wonderful weeks at disney" which is supposed to be low crowds, etc.
Also, if anyone can clarify when the Little Ones travel time starts, I'd appreciate it. Is it Sept. 6 or Aug. 26?
We've never been in Sept. and are a little leary of the heat, but may be swayed if the crowds are really low...

caryrae
03-27-2007, 02:33 PM
All I can tell you is that we always go in Sept and the crowds are low. We went last Sept and almost every ride was a 30 min or less wait. The weather was very hot and humid the week we went but would glady take the heat over the crowd any day. A cast member told us the they were having some unusaually humid weather that Sept. Also the prices for Sept are some of the lowest for the year incuding airline, rental car.

vicster
03-27-2007, 02:57 PM
September is definitely our favorite time to go - low crowds and the weather is still pretty decent.

Disney Buff
03-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Just keep in mind, it is hurricane season in mid-late September.

robhink
03-27-2007, 03:43 PM
I've always heard Sept. was low crowds, but I noticed on the WDW website that only the last day of sept. was marked as being part of the "wonderful weeks at disney" which is supposed to be low crowds, etc.
Also, if anyone can clarify when the Little Ones travel time starts, I'd appreciate it. Is it Sept. 6 or Aug. 26?
We've never been in Sept. and are a little leary of the heat, but may be swayed if the crowds are really low...

The rest of the weeks in September are listed under the wonderful weeks of disney for summer. Those start on 8/12 until the end of September.

As for the crowds they will be less than the summer time period but the heat can be too much for some people.

BrerStitch
03-27-2007, 03:49 PM
DW and I have been to the World the last 2 Septembers (3 of the last 4, actually), and will be down again this year. 2 of those times we took advantage of the free dining promotion. Even with that, the crowds were minimal. I will say that the farther past Labor Day you go, the better you are. That weekend was somewhat crowded, but mainly only on Sunday.

The weather is still quite hot most days. We take advantage of the water parks, the pool, and a nap, and are usually good to go. I know that it is hurricane season, but I have 2 opinions on that.

1) In the 3 times we've been there, never been impacted.
2) A good friend was in Disney during the last hurricane to plow through. His report was a early closure 1 day, and a late start the next morning. Other then that, Disney magic the rest of the trip. To each his / her own, but we never have been dissuaded due to hurricane threats.

All that being said, I'd recommend against going in September. Need to keep people away so that DW and I can keep our small crowds!! :blush:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-27-2007, 09:52 PM
We love September so much that we have gone then 8 of the last 10 years and are going back again on September 14th.

Very hot, darn love bugs, but, the crowds are very low.

tony2979
03-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Ditto.....Went during the middle of last September and LOVED it. Easy to get around, low wait times at the parks, restaraunts a little crowded due to the free dining plan (not complaining about that though!!)

Weather was fine. Coming from Oklahoma where we were at the end of a heat wave, isn't wasn't a big deal, little sticky but fine. I can't think of a time that we were uncomfortable.

We were lucky, but it rained for one hour of one day that we were there (7 days)

KatGat
03-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks everyone! We are flexible with our schedule, so any week in sept or oct would be fine. If the crowds are at their lowest the second week of sept,then I may do that...
I do dread the heat, but hopefully we can get much in early and late in the day when it's a little cooler.
Thanks!