PDA

View Full Version : Attraction Music CD

NJGIRL
03-27-2007, 01:16 PM
I have a CD that is nothing but Disney Theme Park Attraction Music. It's probably about 6 years old. It is "Disney Theme Park Music... 100 Year Celebration". Does anyone know if there is a newer CD with just Theme Park music on it? If so where can I pick it up? I love the music but would like to hear some of the newer attractions also.

bradk
03-27-2007, 01:26 PM
they have a 2 disc set they've been selling since YOMD i'm assuming... it has music from all 4 parks

the newest attractions on it i see are stitch's great escape, soarin, tower of terror, lights motor action...

it's $25

DizneyRox
03-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Correct, the latest is a two disk set. It's probably a worthy upgrade to go from the 100 Year disk to the current official album.

mmouse566
03-27-2007, 07:01 PM
And it is retailing for $25:mickey:

CaptainSad
03-27-2007, 09:59 PM
I want one....

ParrotheadMinni
03-28-2007, 08:27 AM
I want it!! I want it!!:clappy:

Where do I get it?

Magic Fanatic
03-28-2007, 09:22 AM
About 2 years ago I was in Costco and they had a box set of Disney Land theme park music. I contained the sound tracks from nearly every attraction including Pirates, the Haunted Mansion, The Country Bears (regular and Christmas editions) as well as all of the Background music on Mains Street and other areas. These tracks were the same as when you are sitting on the ride. Phantasmic is also on there. It also included a very nice "Coffee Table" style book that talked about the music of Disney. I am at work now and cannot remember the name of this set. It is either 4 or 6 cd's that I have downloaded to my IPod. I will edit this post with the name once I get home tonight.

Marker
03-28-2007, 11:07 AM
I bought the new 2 disk set, "Where The Music Lives", when we were there earlier this month, and I LOVE IT. I don't know how it compares with previous ones, but I know I love it. I really enjoy hearing background and attraction soundtracks so clearly and completely. It's been playing in my car since I got home.

JPL
03-28-2007, 11:14 AM
The only advice I would give you is to check the track listing alot of the times they are almost identical from year to year.

DizneyRox
03-28-2007, 12:07 PM
The only advice I would give you is to check the track listing alot of the times they are almost identical from year to year.

Correct. Many of the single disc official albums were very slightly changed from year to year. Usually one or two songs. This years OA is a significant upgrade from last years OA, but I'm not sure if it's worth the upgrade just yet. Going from a single disc OA to a two disc OA though is a good upgrade.

That large set mentioned above is from Disneyland, NOT WDW. While many of the tracks may be the same, it's definitely not WDW music for the most part. Not that it's not a good set, but if you're looking for WDW music I can't recommend that set.

NJGIRL
03-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks everyone. One more question. Where I I get the 2 disc set?

DizneyRox
03-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Thanks everyone. One more question. Where I I get the 2 disc set?
WDW Merchandising...

Marker
03-28-2007, 07:54 PM
I bought mine at Sir Mickey's in Fantasyland in the MK. I also saw it some other places as well. I think we were shopping at World of Disney in the Downtown Disney Marketplace.

DisneyDudet
04-01-2007, 12:39 AM
There was a two disk they sold for the 50th, that had extinct music, such as a lot of original songs and tracks from Epcot.. or EPCOT Center, rather, such as Journey into the Imagination with the dreamfinder, Kitchen Kabaret, and Horizons.

I haven't seen the YOMD version, but it sounds as if there's more. I have the 100 years, the 50th for WDW and the 50th for DLR.

If there's only a few songs more, I would skip it, but the newer version will probably have a lot more attractions than the 100 years.

I love my 100 years... it has Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks.. I like that fireworks show... its just as good as the Wishes at DLR for the 50th... classic...