PDA

View Full Version : Crowds in October

Dyanna
03-27-2007, 01:02 PM
We will be doing to DW in October during the week of Columbus Day. Can anyone tell me if this is a good week to go. Not sure if all schools close for Columbus Day as they do in the North. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

NJGIRL
03-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Any holiday is more crowded in Disney. We go the last two weeks in October all the time and never have a problem then.

mom*3
03-27-2007, 01:47 PM
We were there the Wed before Columbus Day through Columbus Day 2005. Wed and Thurs were fantastic. No waits hardly at all. Fri am at MK was busier, but managable due to FP. Fri after lunch at MGM it started getting much more crowded. Wait times skyrocketed. Spent Sat at Typhoon Lagoon and this was a good thing. Sun at MK was by far the most crowded. I remember Peter Pan was an hour to 1.5 hr. wait. Basically we got 3 to 4 times the number of rides done on Wed or Thurs than we could on Sun. Weather was ok, but humid and steamy some days. It rained briefly most afternoons. I would go again at this time, but I would definitely get MK done before the crowds hit for the weekend. Also, in 2005 many Texas schools got only Columbus Day off, but starting in 2007 many more Texas districts will take several days off at this time. I know several families planning on using this mini-break to go to WDW. Check out when MNSSHP is. MK closes early (6pm I think) on those nights, and parades and fireworks schedules are affected. Hope you have fun.

Mickey's Pal
03-27-2007, 04:46 PM
I live in the DFW area ISD, and we always get out that Monday for Columbus, and the approved 07-08 calendar shows that kids will get out for Columbus Day on Monday the 8th this year as well. The school schedules were "supposed" to change... Sending students back NO SOONER THAN September 1st. (something about cooling the schools in Aug. was too expensive.) HOWEVER, kids are returning 8/25 and will be in school through the first week of June. :mad: Not cool. Anyway, :blush: just thought I'd throw that in there.