PDA

View Full Version : Funny Things WDW Bus Drivers say.

Speedy1998
03-27-2007, 12:46 PM
I was inspired by another thread about entertaining WDW bus drivers to start this thread.

What are the funniest things that you have heard a WDW bus driver say?

Mine are:

1. As we were getting ready to leave MGM "Get ready everyone, I am going to release the break and the bus is going to plung 13 stories"

2. "Our last stop this evening will be All Star Movies. If this is not your stop say Oh No! and get off anyway."

3. "Small children left on the bus can be claimed at lost and found. Those children who are left at lost and found for more than a week will be trained as WDW bus drivers. Don't ask me how I know, it is a long, sad story."

4. "If you enjoyed your ride my name is Jim, and this is WDW transportation. If you did not enjoy your ride, my name is Bob and this is the Jungle Boat Cruise."

Piglet822
03-27-2007, 04:06 PM
3. "Small children left on the bus can be claimed at lost and found. Those children who are left at lost and found for more than a week will be trained as WDW bus drivers. Don't ask me how I know, it is a long, sad story."

I tell people that children left unclaimed after 30 days are turned over to WDW and taught to sing "It's a Small World" in 37 different languages. :thedolls:

Bethis26fan
03-27-2007, 09:06 PM
I tell people that children left unclaimed after 30 days are turned over to WDW and taught to sing "It's a Small World" in 37 different languages. :thedolls:

We had a bus driver the night after MVMCP tell us that and said after they were taught to sing the song in 37 different languages they would be sent home to sing to you it's a small world in 37 languages. :)

TinyDancer
03-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Hahaha, I'm laughing just thinking about it. We had a driver at Fort Wilderness who, when we got to our stop, would say in his normal, thickly-hispanic accented voice "21, 22, 23" and then in this high pitched, thickly-hispanic accented Mickey Mouse voice say "21, 22, 23... hehehe" with that Mickey Mouse giggle. It was hysterical! We still announce that whenever we're on the bus. :blush:

AuntDJ
03-28-2007, 07:46 PM
This is not funny HAHA but funny odd...

One night on our way back to POFQ, a cab pulled in front of our driver and he had to slam on the brakes...well my 5 yr old niece went flying onto the floor..of course there were tears, the driver apologized and we all went on our business...

Well a few days later we were leaving the Magic Kingdom and the drivers were switching out, so we were sitting there talking to them..the old driver said we didn't want him driving us becuase he was so tired! We told the story of the taxi and the new driver asked us if we complained. We said no, we didn't want to get our driver in trouble as he didn't really do anything wrong...He said, we should have complained as we would have gotten some free stuff!

I just thought that was super odd! I would expect some people to think that way but I wouldn't expect other employees..

DJ

Makusu
03-28-2007, 10:59 PM
*coming from Epcot*

Bus driver: "So does anyone know what 'Epcot' stands for?"
Me: "Experimental prototype Community of tomorrow!"
Bus Driver: "That's what it stoodfor. For you it stands for Every Person Comes Out Tired. For us CastMembers it is Every Paycheck Comes On Tuesday"
:D

LudwigVonDrake
03-29-2007, 07:44 AM
"Construction is starting on the fifth theme park in WDW next week...." :D

Figgyluv03
03-29-2007, 12:59 PM
I haven't had any really funny bus drivers, but I know my best friends uncle talks in a Donald Duck voice 80% of the time.

disneyfamily05
03-29-2007, 03:10 PM
One day the bus to MK was late on an EMH morning - the line kept getting longer and longer - and we saw bus after bus after bus for all other parks come and go. The bus finally pulled up about 10 minutes before MK was to open.

Everyone quickly got on as we were pulling away the bus driver said, "Sorry about being late- is everyone ready for Disney-MGM Studios!" :eek: Everyone just looked at each other - and then started to laugh.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-29-2007, 09:33 PM
I thought Epcot meant Every Parent Carries Out Toddlers.

MargaretMessler
03-29-2007, 10:01 PM
On a crowded bus leaving EPCOT at park closing after IllumiNations one year, our driver had many witty comments while fighting his way through the parking lot with everyone who was in their own cars.

"Oh, oh, look at this one over here, he didn't pay the extra $10 to get the turn signals on that $30,000 car." - said when someone cut him off without signalling

"Look over there, I'm not sure what's going on over there, I think I'll just stay over here and claim I didn't see a thing." - can't remember exactly what was going on, but I think there was a car trying to make it's own lane exiting the lot

There were many more, but I can't remember the rest. As soon as we were all clear, same driver - who was really one of the chattier drivers I've ever had - started up the WDW trivia game. Those who won got little trinkets when they got off the bus at the resort.

Sylvia
03-29-2007, 10:22 PM
The CMs steering the boats say some "funny stuff" too. One day I was on the boat going to DTD from POR. The CM was pointing out all sorts of landmarks and sharing some funny tidbits about WDW.

As we were traveling along, he said he was going to show us something special, a resort farm. He proceeded to tell the story about how small buildings are planted and they grow up to be resorts. Then he told us to make sure we didn't miss seeing the resort farm.

The resort farm? Along the river there are many multi-opening bird houses on tall poles. These are the seedlings.

The resort? With careful watering, the seedlings grow up to be the under-construction additions to Saratoga Springs.

To this day, every time I see one of those bird houses, I picture it all grown up as a resort.