PDA

View Full Version : SpectroMagic Parade

abdcsl
03-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Where is the best place to catch a 9pm SpectroMagic parade? How far in advance should we claim a spot?
Spending B_DAy with Mickey in 39 days!!!

MickeysBestPal
03-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Where is the best place to catch a 9pm SpectroMagic parade? How far in advance should we claim a spot?

Either right in front of the Hall of Presidents, or in Frontierland across from Country Bears.

A spectacular place to watch is from the upper deck of the Main Street RR Station, but the chances of snagging a spot there are very few... and you'd need to try it up to 2 hours (sometimes more) before the event.

BTW, Spectro always STARTS at the head of Main Street and goes down the parade route to exit near Splash Mtn. in Frontierland.

It does not reach Country Bears area until about 25 minutes after it starts on Main Street.

BelleBeauty
03-27-2007, 11:55 AM
It all depends - there are so many great spots for this fantastic parade!

Last time we ended up with a spot on the Main Street/Castle circle, just next to the bridge into Liberty Square. We could see the parade come up Main Street, go along the right side fo the circle, and then pass directly in front of us. I think a spot on the bridge into Liberty Square would be fantastic as well. One down side - you have to move for fireworks because the big tree there blocks a lot of the view.

I always plan on getting a spot about an hour before the parade starts. We usually establish a spot and then a few of us go and get some snacks. An hour to 45 minutes is probably ok, depending on the crowd level at the parks that day/season.

Speedy1998
03-27-2007, 12:36 PM
I always plan on getting a spot about an hour before the parade starts. We usually establish a spot and then a few of us go and get some snacks. An hour to 45 minutes is probably ok, depending on the crowd level at the parks that day/season.

This is why I always watch from Frontierland, you do not need to get there nearly as early. There are even a few spaces in Frontierland that you can walk up to as the parade is coming down the street.

Also, If they are running 2 parades, you may want to stick it out to the second parade, it is not nearly as crowded.

King Triton
03-27-2007, 12:45 PM
This is why I always watch from Frontierland, you do not need to get there nearly as early. There are even a few spaces in Frontierland that you can walk up to as the parade is coming down the street.

Also, If they are running 2 parades, you may want to stick it out to the second parade, it is not nearly as crowded.

I pretty much agree with this.

I'm not a big fan of camping out before a parade as I think its overall a waste of valuable park time. I can see doing it if you have little kids though...if not, most of the Spectro floats are large enough that you can see just about everything from whereever you are.

lightyearfan
03-27-2007, 01:28 PM
well we like to nab a spot in the middle of main st usa, because then after the parade you're in prime position to watch the wishes spectacular.

victor

xoHelloKittyox
03-27-2007, 07:16 PM
right in front of the shootin arcade!!!!

thats where we were last time we were there and it was amazing!

get there about a hour before it starts though!:thumbsup:

LoriMistress
03-27-2007, 07:23 PM
A spectacular place to watch is from the upper deck of the Main Street RR Station, but the chances of snagging a spot there are very few... and you'd need to try it up to 2 hours (sometimes more) before the event.

I'm so lame...I thought they closed the MS:RR during the parade!!! Now I know where I should do my filming!!! Hooray!!!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
03-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Spending B_DAy with Mickey in 39 days!!!

We'll be there in 39 days too!! WOWOW:joy: Hope you have a happy birthday. :party: We'll be at O'hana on the 6th for my daughter's 16th birthday celebration a few days late.

We watched the parade from right in front of Liberty Tree Tavern. It was a great view. We started waiting about an hour prior to its start. One warning though, a small child was hanging off the rope and kept hitting people with it. It caught me in the back of the leg and gave me quite a rope burn. Enjoy the parade!!

homeschool mom
03-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Several years ago, a CM told my family the best place to view this parade is right in front of the stocks in Liberty Square. There you can see the parade coming and going. That was very good advice. We have watched it there many times and it is my favorite place to be. I would say you should be there about 45 min. to an hour before the parade is to start depending on the crowd. If we plan on catching Wishes after Spectro, we stake out a spot in front of Casey's Corner on Main Street about 2 hours before the parade start time.

Belle619
03-28-2007, 03:18 PM
We watched it in Liberty Square across from Liberty Tree Tavern earlier this month. It was a one-parade night, but we still managed to get a spot only 30min before the start.

walstib
03-28-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm so lame...I thought they closed the MS:RR during the parade!!! Now I know where I should do my filming!!! Hooray!!!:mickey:

The trains aren't running during the parade, but you can still stake out your spot to film...just get there early !

phillydan
03-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Hall of Presidents gets my vote. Here's a time saver to avoid the traffic jam of everyone trying to get back over the bridge to the front of the castle for Wishes. When the parade is over, go to the Christmas shop and shoot out the back door; follow the path to the bridge from Adventureland, then the bridge to Crystal Palace. Walk through the patio area for Crystal Palace/Casey's and you are back on Main Street. If you then walk a little ways back to the castle, you can usually stake out a great spot for Wishes, Since everyone is coming from the other direction, they come across the bridge and immediately turn around to face the castle (not knowing that the further back you are, the better the show).

dumbo ears
03-30-2007, 11:38 PM
in front of hall of presidents

Christine
03-30-2007, 11:40 PM
well we like to nab a spot in the middle of main st usa, because then after the parade you're in prime position to watch the wishes spectacular.

victor

That's exactly what we do...you're already in the right spot for both! We go right in front of the popcorn stand that is on the turn towards Tomorrowland. That is our favorite spot!