PDA

View Full Version : Brown Derby at MGM?

Mickey'sGirl
03-27-2007, 10:51 AM
I am contemplating a lunch at the Brown Derby (the menu seems more appealing). It will be me, DH, DS9 and DS3. Opinions? :eat:

MickeysGirl
03-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Jenn,

This is Nigel's and my favorite restaurant on property. If we book nothing else for the Honeymoon, this will be it! The service is always impecable, the meal top notch, and we will continue to go back. The atmosphere is a lot of fun too, all the characatures on the walls make for fun stuff to look at.

Now, I will say this much, the places is very open, so lots of noise tends to resonate. Of course, you use your own judgement on how your little ones will be in this atmosphere where there is less kid stuff to do. But if you think they will be OK, I think you and Brian will love it!

Enjoy!! :eat:

offwego
03-27-2007, 11:29 AM
We went for dinner some time back and loved it.

The cobb salad was really really good! I'd go for lunch just for that.

DS was I think 8 then and had a great time, it's only oddity is the formal table settings (for in the park dining) but that's hardly an issue.

If it fits in with your plans (and I think you don't use the DDP so that's not an issue) I'd say go for it!

Auntie
03-27-2007, 01:03 PM
I'd like to know the same thing..We have been thinking about it for lunch also..same reason that you mention..the lunch menu appeals more to us also. Anyone eat lunch there as opposed to dinner?

like2workout
03-27-2007, 02:55 PM
i would HIGHLY recommend either lunch or dinner at the brown derby. you can't go wrong with either one. it's my favorite place to eat in any of the disney parks. great atmosphere, food, service - just a great place to go. it's also great to sit out on the patio and eat.

Maleficent's Dad
03-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Brown Derby for lunch - something we do every trip we take. 11:30 AM ADR for the Brown Derby, DW and I order Cobb Salads - no menu even needed.

I highly recommend the place. Some of the best service in WDW, only good bread (rolls) on property, wonderful food! :mickey:

Vinny
03-28-2007, 12:13 AM
I booked an ADR for my last trip but it was for dinner at the Brown Derby. After several years of going to WDW, I wanted to give the restaurant a try and was not disappointed. The atmosphere is very relaxed inside and the wait staff were very attentive. I ordered the Grilled Atlantic Salmon which was very good and my father had the Pan Fried Grouper, also very good. The lunch menu seems to have a nice variety of offerings. I will almost certainly book another ADR there for a future trip. I will be in WDW this June so I too am considering Brown Derby for lunch this time. Have a good trip!!

May524
03-28-2007, 12:51 AM
My DH and I haven't dined here and are thinking about it for our next trip.
We have dined at 50's PTC, Sci Fi and Hollywood and Vine at MGM. We haven't eaten at Momma Melroses, the menu just doesn't appeal to us.
So we are thinking of trying Brown Derby instead of doing repeats of the other restaurants. Convince us! :mickey:

rsumrall
03-28-2007, 01:20 AM
I haven't done lunch there, but have dined on multiple occassions for dinner! One thing to think about is doing the Fantasmic Pkg. They book those dinners so early that it could be considered a late lunch. Also, it is a flat rate for an appetizer, entree, and dessert - a bargain at the price we paid. Definitely go for the roasted pork tenderloin.

Natazu
03-28-2007, 02:18 AM
I think a Brown Derby lunch is a great way to break up an MGM day. It's very relaxing.

Kairi_7378
04-01-2007, 10:28 AM
DH and I dined at the Brown Derby last week. The food was great, and we loved the atmosphere. It is cool, open, and with the servers walking around in white jackets, you can't help but feel special!

There were many children in the restaurant when we were there. Most of the children were very well behaved. I think that as long as your children are capable of sitting for a little while in a restaurant, they should be okay here. If your kids are exhausted from a long morning of theme park touring, I might look elsewhere, so it may be a game time decision.

I've read in other posts that people think that the service at this restaurant is rushed. I didn't think it was rushed, but it was a little less laid back than the California Grill. Because the meal is served a little faster here, I think it would be a good way to introduce your kids to a fancy dining experience.

disneyfan1124
04-01-2007, 10:36 AM
I think you'll be very happy with the choice. As mentioned previously, this could be a fun way to introduce your kids to fine dining in a more fun atmosphere. Again, if they are wiped out at the time and you don't think they can handle sitting for a while, you might want to reconsider. I have never been rushed out of there, never even felt rushed. It has always been a nice place to relax and enjoy some great food.

Have a good time!

benny
04-01-2007, 08:14 PM
My friend and I dinned here in January for dinner (actually it was a 4.30pm ADR Fantasmic package so it was lunch/dinner). I really recommend you consider doing this. It worked out great and we got excellent seating at Fantasmic. There was a fixed price for the meal (3 courses) and you choose anything you like off their regular menu (from what i can remember.

Have fun!

Mickey'sGirl
04-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the feedback all! I think we'll give it a lunch try in October.....I appreciate the comments! :thumbsup: