PDA

View Full Version : 3/11 trip

LDinCT
03-27-2007, 08:39 AM
Thought I would leave some thoughts. Had a great time. Way too crowded however. If you didn't get an early start there was no way you were going to get on many rides. We did two days. Day 1 we were at CA by 10 am, got on some big rides and picked up a fp for screamin. Pretty much did everything by lunchtime. Before lunch went over to DL to get a fp for Space Mountain. Was a good thing because we probably wouldn't have gotten on.
It was really hot so we went back to the pool for a couple of hours ready to hit DL and some rides. Lines were long but we got another fast pass and did BTMRR and SM. The fireworks were incredible after dinner at the sushi place at PP. However, it was still crowded and we weren't able to do too many rides with the 45-60 min waits. I thought people would leave by the evening since this was a Sunday, but no go. We were only able to get on Small World since we happened to be there when they re-opened. Tried to get on Peter Pan 3 times over the two days, but was always at least 45 mins.
Disney really needs to expand the fp program. I know they were looking at programming fast passes for you throughout the day. I really think it is necessary. It was exhausting running between the two parks to get fp's.
Grand Californian was great, spent a lot of time in front of the big fire. My only complaint here, is trying to get a drink at the pool. What kind of resort doesn't have waiters or at least a pool bar?
Second day we got a late start and only went on a couple of rides in each park. It was hot and crowded. My daughter who lives in the area went back the following Sunday to use the remaining day on the ticket, but crowded again and didn't really get to go on anything.
All in all a good trip. Spent a ton of $ on food, but ate well!:mickey:
LDinCT

Christine
03-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Sorry it was so crowded. I have never been to DL but am getting more and more interested as I read "this side" of the boards.

Thanks for posting your thoughts. I bet it was tiring to run between two parks for FPs!

Darbylew
03-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Sorry for the crowds. I have never been to DL
only WDW. Hope to visit there someday. :mickey:

faline
03-27-2007, 09:37 AM
It sure does sound crowded! Makes me glad we visited in September when the lines were quite short!

ChipDale
03-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Glad to hear that you had a good time. Sorry about the crowds, but that's what you get when you combine great weather with the beginnings of Spring Break.

The best time to get on Peter Pan is right at park opening. We always hit that first for Early Entry. Sorry you missed it - it really is beautiful and far superior to Walt Disney World's Peter Pan. Next time, right? :)

Thanks for sharing. :)

LDinCT
03-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Yes, I got up early myself for EE on day two. I meandered over and by the time I got to Peter Pan the line was out of control. I think everyone that walked in went on that. I went and had some Mickey waffles on Main street and then went back to the GC for a massage.
I have to say I liked most of the rides better at DL and CA. Less jarring I think. As much as I love RnR and SM at WDW, I have to take a tylenol when I come off. :mickey:
LDinCT

Carol
03-31-2007, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the report. It sounds like you managed well considering the crowds. Escaping to the resort for relaxation is a great alternative.
As much as I love RnR and SM at WDW, I have to take a tylenol when I come off.I hardly ever do Rock 'n' Roller Coaster anymore. It's too rough on my neck - especially in the back of the limo.

Disneyland's Space Mountain is in a league of its own. Amazing! :cool:

DizNee143
03-31-2007, 05:51 PM
even though you said it was rather crowder..it sounds like you guys did alot...glad you had fun!! thanx for sharing..:mickey:

*tinker_belle*
04-02-2007, 08:37 PM
I can totally relate to those crowds! We just went a couple weeks ago on a Wednesday and i was really shocked at all the people! I guess it might have been the beginning of spring break though.
It was a lot LESS crowded then we've seen it recently. Actually got on Peter Pan at the end of the night with a 30 min wait! Thats almost unheard of. My first time on it in 4 years!
We've begun to notice that Sundays are usually just as crowded as Saturdays. Sunday used to be one of those days where everyone had to be back at work the next day so the parks were never that bad and everyone left early. Now, Sundays are just as crowded as any other weekend day. Sheesh.
Glad you made the most of your trip. Park hopping is thoroughly exhausting.

2Epcot
04-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Glad you had a good time, too bad the crowds were so heavy. My brother and his family are coming out in June, things will probably be the same as the summer season gets going. Everytime I'm there Peter Pan seems to have a long line, but most times I will wait, it is one of my favorites of Fantasyland. :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
04-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Sounds like you had a lot of fun despite those crowds! Sorry you missed Peter Pan, but it does give you a great excuse to head back again! Thanks for sharing! :mickey: